so we finally gonna get mikey v.s. loma now the shyt talking as escalated

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Loma going make easy work of him. :francis:
After seeing Loma completely outclass and dominate two ELITE black boxers like GRJR and Axeman I just can't see Mikey Garcia corny ass beating him

Last edited by a moderator:

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
I like Loma in that fight. More depth based on style match up. But Mikey has definitive power at 135 so we'll see.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Loma going make easy work of him. :francis:
After seeing Loma completely outclass and dominate two ELITE black boxers like GRJR and Axeman I just can't see Mikey Garcia corny beaner ass beating him
never understood when people claim he dominated Gary Russell Jr.
It was some 116-112 type of shyt not a shut out domination... GRJ was game, not dominated, besides that at that point he was the infamous TBA killer, he proved he has the goods since but it's not like he would have fiesting on elite competition either. He beat a still good although a little old Jhonny Gonzlez easily.

Mikey Garcia is better than both GRJ and Walters though.
Mikey Garcia also could be bad style matchup for Lomachenko.
Lomachenko is a boxer puncher who likes to jump in and out, he likes to bounce. A little like Pacquiao. But his defense mostly built on his speed and his angles, he trust his ability to avoid shots while he is in the pocket, not even outside but this can be deadly against an elite counter puncher with huge power like Mikey Garcia.
Mikey won't get embarrassed by simply tricky foot positioning and angles. I pick Mikey cause he's just a bad style matchup for Lomachenko and also bigger and similarly skilled. I pick the big skilled guy over the small skilled guy especially if the matchup indicates it...

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
never understood when people claim he dominated Gary Russell Jr.
It was some 116-112 type of shyt not a shut out domination... GRJ was game, not dominated, besides that at that point he was the infamous TBA killer, he proved he has the goods since but it's not like he would have fiesting on elite competition either. He beat a still good although a little old Jhonny Gonzlez easily.

Mikey Garcia is better than both GRJ and Walters though.
Mikey Garcia also could be bad style matchup for Lomachenko.
Lomachenko is a boxer puncher who likes to jump in and out, he likes to bounce. A little like Pacquiao. But his defense mostly built on his speed and his angles, he trust his ability to avoid shots while he is in the pocket, not even outside but this can be deadly against an elite counter puncher with huge power like Mikey Garcia.
Mikey won't get embarrassed by simply tricky foot positioning and angles. I pick Mikey cause he's just a bad style matchup for Lomachenko and also bigger and similarly skilled. I pick the big skilled guy over the small skilled guy especially if the matchup indicates it...

He dominated GRJ...easy work.

And no, we don't know that Mikey is better than Nicholas Walters. You always go by best win....well Walters best win > Garcia's.

Loma made Walters quit & beat Martinez easier/better.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
And no, we don't know that Mikey is better than Nicholas Walters. You always go by best win....well Walters best win > Garcia's.

Loma made Walters quit & beat Martinez easier/better.
Walters never proved himself in 130 like that, Mikey did and also did in lightweight already. So as a 130 or 135 fighter Mikey > Walters at this point. I'm also not sure that a featherweight Donaire at that point (still good but clearly past prime) was a better win than all of Mikey Garcia's.

You also just skipped an important fact which is fighters do different in different weightclasses and while we already know that Mikey Garcia is an elite lightweight we don't know how Lomachenko would transition there.
Mikey would be definitely the bigger man with bigger power and he is also a very skilled counter puncher which is something, I think Loma wouldn't like. I suspect Mikey would struggle a little with fighters who pot shot him and fight him from the outside, especially with a longer reach but Lomachenko isn't that type of fighter and he also has a solid reach disadvantage against Mikey.
If you think Loma is that fast and athletic that he could get away with his usual stuff even against someone like Mikey Garcia then that's fine but I don't share that opinion in this case.