So we talk a lot about being fatherless, but brehs, what say us of females who grow up motherless?

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Was an interesting thought rolling around in my head. Whatever symptoms we want to place on fatherless brehs, whatever bytchass tendencies we see someone exhibit, we jump to them being fatherless.

But what traits do we place on women who grew up without a solid mother foundation around? Maybe parents split up when they were babies and the mom has barely been in the picture, leaving the dad to raise children.

So I'm curious what yall think. What common traits, if any, might you find in a female who grew up without a consistent strong female role model in the house? I'm interested to see what generalizations coli can conjure up :lupe:

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In my observation.
Women who are raised or tend to have spent much more time with there dads usually.

A) internalize their feelings much more.
B) are way more into satisfying their men.
C) emotionally distance or guarded.

And most importantly....

Are usually amazing:wow:

Redeem87

The Movement
Daps
Reppin
VA
Im sure it exists but I dont know anyone who grew up without their mom

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
The couple girls I know who grew up without a mom are just fine.
The one who's a mom is extremely family focused.
I'm sure her mother not being there really shaped her opinions on what a good mom should be.

GoldTeef

Sarranid Bleu
Daps
Reppin
Fooglies
This is a stupid study. It states one of the criteria for "Family Disadvantage" is not having a father in the house, but doesn't state that not having a mother in the home is a "Family Disadvantage"

Of course boys are going to be affected more by not having a dad than girls would be. :skip:
"- including poverty, low education level of the mother, and not having a father in the house -"

anyway I posted the article because it shows that girls aren't affected by these things like boys are, it wouldn't surprise me if a motherless home affects boys more than girls too.

also, it's kinda hard to find studies or articles about the effects an absent mother has on a daughter.
http://www.caribbeanfostercare.com/docs/JUDITH ARNDELL. The Absent Mother.pdf
Child Behavior Problems With an Absent Mother
How a Mother's Love Changes a Child's Brain
The Effects of an Absent Mother Figure

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My new girl is like this, she was mostly raised by her aunties, grandma, her mom didnt want her:to:

Its still early days,Im gonna tread carefully and see how things turn out