So what work are you doing in your community?

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
I plan on getting into mentorship this summer at a church or summer program in one of the 5 boroughs. Any of y'all plan on doing the same? Y'all ever thought about doing it? Can anybody share some of their experiences.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Tutoring at my old elementary school and helping people with rent,utilities, etc. it's actually were I was at the day sog made his "I get hoes" thread at the time I kept thinking how come every program that provides assistance is located in some of the most sketchy areas.

I didn't go into either one by choice though but I enjoy them,the tutoring thing was a forced assignment in high school:shaq2: but I ended up enjoying it and for me it wasn't much of a process I can just walk in there everybody knows me:smugdraper:

hmm

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
the threads that never make it on thecoli :francis:

let me go back to "black bytches aint shyt thread #9458"

NBA Youngbreh

DaDumbWay
Daps
Reppin
The Boot to Dallas
Volunteering at the boys and girls club, tutoring at a middle school, volunteering at this program called the Net in DFW that helps women trying to get out of prostitution was what i was doing last semester while taking a full course load:yeshrug: I'm an eagle scout so i been volunteering most of my life:yeshrug:

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Honestly, none. I just go to work, hit the gym and study shyt for career advancement. I am pretty individualistic. I guess I could get more into helping younger black males follow similar path but I just feel that's the parents job to do so, not me. When I have a black wife and kids, I plan on dedicating my time into them becoming productive black women or men.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not gonna lie, nothing currently:yeshrug:Usually im volunteering for random shyt, donating new and used clothes to shelters and flks in uptown, or donating blood or something. Anything. Aint had it in me with all these work hours lately. Imma get right soon.