So...why does everyone in the industry hate Drake? [Potential chatty patty thread]

FSP

Banned
Daps
Taking this even further

I heard somewhere that Drake owns the masters to his own music, even though he's signed to YM/CM (how he managed that is still a mystery. NO ONE owns their own music)

So basically has that label by the balls because if he decides to leave a significant part of their revenue leaves with him.

I'm sure Wayne really doesn't fukk with Drake like that (I never see then together anymore)

He probably played back2back in the club that one time because Drake told him to :heh:

Its obviously not just him pulling strings. But that's crazy power in the industry.

He's got street intelligence but doesn't show it until he needs to, and by then it's too late

Dude is the master of manipulation

It makes sense now why meek didn't see this from his perspective, and how totally ethered he got when he tried to come at him like that

6God:salute:

FSP

Banned
Daps
One thing someone told me about a year ago

It was some local dj in tally by the name of dj a to the l

He said music is a business first, music second

So by nature the whole game is fake if u want to look at it that way

The behind the scenes business stuff is probably 80 or 90 percent of the reason of your success

Know that undeground dude who has all the talent, better than most rappers who are hot but you don't know why he hasn't made it yet

His business sucks.

You gotta be about that business so you gotta accept that the game is fake run by coroperate cacs at every level that you have to appeal to.

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
Somebody school me on this...how does this happen? How can somebody make a remix of a song you didn't ask/authorize them to and not break bread with you? I don't understand.

Drake jumps on Versace. Now people only want to hear the remix with Drake on it instead of the original with just Migos. Now Migos has to clear things with Drake and his camp to make money off of that record. If Drake just left the song alone, people would obviously only get the version with Migos by themselves. But since Drake added his feature, and that was the song that blew up, Migos has to bend over for Drake when negotiating how profits are split :umad:

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drake jumps on Versace. Now people only want to hear the remix with Drake on it instead of the original with just Migos. Now Migos has to clear things with Drake and his camp to make money off of that record. If Drake just left the song alone, people would obviously only get the version with Migos by themselves. But since Drake added his feature, and that was the song that blew up, Migos has to bend over for Drake when negotiating how profits are split :umad:

How does he even get the instrumental without someone from Migos' camp handing it over though?

KingMalik

All Star
Daps
How does he even get the instrumental without someone from Migos' camp handing it over though?

The dumb nikkas probably handed it to Drake themselves.....probably tripped over themselves to email him the instrumental once Drake said he wanted to spit on it :mjlol:

Terrance Curtis Beasley

These ni*gas claim Top 5 but we OVOK
Daps
Word ever since I peeped how Drake did the Migos and Future like that. I knew he was flaw dude, his whole gimmick is a act. Motherfukka hopped on their record, when they didnt even ask for it, then didnt give em clearance to sell the shyt. So they couldnt even make money off it. He only did that bullshyt to look "hot to the streets"

QC ....migos label details it in a article. Said the whole situation was a "Gift and a Curse"

"he talks about how good it feels to have proven wrong all the people who said "Versace" had only become a hit because Drake added a verse to a remix. It wasn't because of Drake, Pee says—in fact, he adds, he's not even sure the Drake thing ended up helping that much, especially since Drake's label never gave Quality Control the clearance to sell the song on iTunes. "It was a gift and a curse. Sometimes I really wish he had never jumped on it—it was gonna blow without him."

Who Will Survive When Migos Meets Big Data? | The FADER
Wow that's some snake shyt