Society Reset: pull the plug on IG/FB for 6 months?

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Do you think people would make it? Thought about this from another thread where a post was made showing a woman asking for birthday wishes on her IG/FB page to make her not feel sad. The instant gratification age is here, I can remember when I had a FB, I would see peeps actually upset because you didn't go on their page and wish them a happy birthday.

The stunt/show off/all about me image has crashed wrecking ball into society. Peeps don't socialize anymore, just be deep into a phone screen for entertainment and feedback. If I were new to FB/IG I would swear everyone makes atleast $200K/yr, nobody works, and is local celebrity status. From exotic locations, to new outfits daily with clothing companies tagged, to expensive homes and cars.

Wonder what would happen if FB/IG pulled the plug for 6 months or year with no new platform similar to it replacing it?

@KyokushinKarateka

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
The end of Ready Player One in the movie was great. One of the things Wade did after he got control of the Oasis was to take it offline every Tuesday and Thursday, so that people would have to spend that time reconnecting in real life.

If IG took Sundays off, man that would be huge.