:yeshrug:

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
"The Bling Ring" was horrible. Totally a missed opportunity. I saw "The Beguiled" yesterday, if there's a thread I may post a review. I thought it would be a masterpiece, and a brilliant movie, and it's just ok.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I own a Marie poster :manny:

Huh what's goin on twitter?
The Beguiled is supposed to have a black woman slave and a mixed woman who is light enough to pass for white in it.
Coppola decided to remove the slave character completely and I think she made the mixed character just straight up white.
Her reasoning is some bullshyt about not being the right director to address slavery during the Civil War or some such nonsense.
But really she just wants to tell a white feminist story and she likely thought that showing her white characters as slave owners would take away from them being sympathetic or root worthy.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
"The Bling Ring" was horrible. Totally a missed opportunity. I saw "The Beguiled" yesterday, if there's a thread I may post a review. I thought it would be a masterpiece, and a brilliant movie, and it's just ok.
that Grace reviewer said it is going to be an Oscar contender but then again this is the same lady that said BvS was koberickeque :mjlol:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
The Beguiled is supposed to have a black woman slave and a mixed woman who is light enough to pass for white in it.
Coppola decided to remove the slave character completely and I think she made the mixed character just straight up white.
Her reasoning is some bullshyt about not being the right director to address slavery during the Civil War or some such nonsense.
But really she just wants to tell a white feminist story and she likely thought that showing her white characters as slave owners would take away from them being sympathetic or root worthy.

Read up on the whole thing after I had posted that, but I'll dap ya anyway :skip:

Probably will just wait until the usual places:mjpls:
Think I will end up buying the poster tho.

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
I've never seen any of her other movies outside Lost In Translation. I ain't even know she had a new movie coming out.

Her mom, Eleanor Coppola, just directed her 1st movie (Paris Can Wait) at the age of 80!
Eleanor Coppola Opens Up About Directing a Film at Age 80 and Her Son's Tragic Death

Oh yeah, and her dad is the greatest film director of all time. Other cats done had a better run in the game than him, but Francis at his peak > other directors.

What's fukking w/ The Godfather 1 and 2, Apocalypse Now and The Conversation?! Nada!