Software for Editing Audio

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
Brehs! I'm just looking for any recommended software to edit audio.

I'll be working with some live monologues in the distant future and just thinking ahead.

Could be free or paid but what are you all using /have used?

Last edited:

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Brehs! I'm just looking for any recommended software to edit audio.

I'll be working with some live monologues in the distant future and just thinking ahead.

Could be free or paid but what are you all using /have used?

You'll be fine with using Audacity.
I've used a host.od things but for you that'll get the job done. Free.and open source and works quite well

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Depends on how much editing you have to actually do, and the tools you'll need.
A free solution like audacity like @TheMaster mentioned might be perfectly fine for your needs.
You have a ton of options.
What are you recording on? Windows or Mac?

Pete Wrigley

Twerk, Petunia, Twerk!
Supporter
Daps
You'll be fine with using Audacity.
I've used a host.od things but for you that'll get the job done. Free.and open source and works quite well

Depends on how much editing you have to actually do, and the tools you'll need.
A free solution like audacity like @TheMaster mentioned might be perfectly fine for your needs.
You have a ton of options.
What are you recording on? Windows or Mac?

Thank you both! I will more than likely use Windows but I have a Mac laying around too and it's...damn...I think I got it two years ago.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Thank you both! I will more than likely use Windows but I have a Mac laying around too and it's...damn...I think I got it two years ago.
Your mac has garage band on it which should be more than enough for what you're trying to do.
If quality is your concern, focus on getting your recording space acoustically treated as much as possible.
At a bare minimum, get yourself a reflexion filter, or a kaotica eyeball.
Ideally you want the entire room to be acoustically treated but many people can't due to space restrictions.
I can't stress enough how important getting the right recording environment is.
Don't bother looking at any new equipment until you get that in the best possible condition.

Next I would look into getting a decent microphone and preamp.

If you want, you can share your budget and current set up and I can help push you in the right direction so you don't go spending money on the wrong stuff like I did when I first started.

Here's some pictures of my current set up at home.
Finally finished my recording studio

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I've used Adobe Audition and Vegas' audio options for minor edits.

Audio is a bytch
:francis:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your mac has garage band on it which should be more than enough for what you're trying to do.
If quality is your concern, focus on getting your recording space acoustically treated as much as possible.
At a bare minimum, get yourself a reflexion filter, or a kaotica eyeball.
Ideally you want the entire room to be acoustically treated but many people can't due to space restrictions.
I can't stress enough how important getting the right recording environment is.
Don't bother looking at any new equipment until you get that in the best possible condition.

Next I would look into getting a decent microphone and preamp.

If you want, you can share your budget and current set up and I can help push you in the right direction so you don't go spending money on the wrong stuff like I did when I first started.

Here's some pictures of my current set up at home.
Finally finished my recording studio

Stop "Over-thinking" Your Home Voice Over Studio - Voice123 Blog

its old but the info is still 100% accurate.

You just need that coverage around the person on the mic. you dont need an entire room treated perfectly. just around the microphone so when the person leans over to speak into it. there wont be that empty room echo. Toss a little Gate filter on that puppy and maybe a smidget of reverb just to bring some life back into it. and thats it.