Sohh we gone act like Jay Z ain't better then Big?

Hot Red Buns

Life's too short, little baby fall through
Daps
Reppin
Houston
giphy.gif

Biggie was the more talented rapper. Jay-Z has had more hit songs and a better discography simply cause he still alive. Alot of Biggie's pop icon status is based on post-humous legacy. Only time will tell if Jay-z will have the same cultural effect.

I guess it depends on what you feel is being "better". :yeshrug: Personally I prefer BIG's voice and bars over Jay any day.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Didn't Nas already go over this almost 20 years ago?

"Won't you let the Late Great Veteran Live"

Jay goes in no doubt but I honestly don't feel he's a better than Biggie. Both of their Flows and wordplay are Godly but in all honesty Biggie can do what Jay can (Hard Tracks, Introspective, Club/Lady Tracks/Versatility etc). But I don't feel Jay can weave storytelling tracks as well as Biggie. That's one thing Jay just didn't do better than NaS or Biggie. They both excelled much more than him in the storytelling department. Sure he's got some really good stories here or there but not on Big's level. Also I can't put Jay's Best 2 above Big's RTD & LAD. That doesn't mean Jay doesn't have Classics, of course he does. Big's Debut was bigger, more impactful, more influential and more critically acclaimed than "Reasonable Doubt" which came out in the Legendary 96' shuffle (NaS, Pac, Fugees, Lil Kim and Foxy all had bigger albums that year.) I'm happy it's finally getting props but RTD is a better album and has more cohesiveness with it being a storytelling album. Also Big was on RD and at that point it was clear who was the Star between the two. Jay was on the rise then, Big was already there.

I brought RD and the DP single, sadly yes people slept. But NOBODY slept on Biggie, even his biggest Foe Tupac was amazed by his talent that they recorded several tracks together before the beef. Also Big's Double Album is light years better than "Blueprint 2" which was uneven at best. LAD is also just as critically Acclaimed as "Blueprint" and sold more records than Jay's biggest LP "Hard Knock Life". Lastly RTD replay value is crazy. The album is still moving units over 25 years later. It was just recently certified 6x Platinum. LAD just hit 11x Plainum so that means both Biggie's albums have a higher Certification than ANY Jay album. Even RTD could very well eventually go Diamond before it's all said and done. Jay has longevity and career success sustainability. Nobody can take that from him. And I doubt another Rapper will break his #1 Streak or Grammy Wins overall. He's carried the torched Lovely and Big would definitely be happy with how far Jay took it. One could argue Big saw the future by working so hard to put Jay on. But he's not better than Big even if he is the closet one, lol.

biggie-jay-z.jpg

"Ask My Mans Jigga, My Ace Boon c00n, Told me Cut that B!tch off before the shyt Balloon."

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
HOV been far superior than that fat nikka. ya'll love to hype him cause he died early.. 1 real album and a posthumous album dont make you the best foh with that nostalgia BS

Hov has cemented himself as the GREAT...

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I heard somebody say recently that fans of sports/music/etc... confuse accolades with skills too much, I been saying that shyt forever (Tom Brady aint close to the GOAT...but that's a whole other discussion). Jay-z of course has more accomplishments/accolades than Biggie, Biggie only lived to see 1 album of his released, Jay-z has a 20+ year career and counting, so the question you asking don't even sound right to most...but who's better/more skilled on the mic is not a bad question at all. I got Jay-z over Biggie there too, lol.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
reasonable doubt, vol 2,vol 3,blueprint, black album, american ganster, 444- Too late in the game at this point. Hov is better than big:beli:

MoneyBags

Dapper Don Don Boss of Bosses Chief of Chiefs
Daps
Reppin
East Side!
Big stopped recording at 24 and his legacy was cemented. 24!!

James Gordon

Superstar
Daps
Big was better than Jay when he was alive thats all that matter:yeshrug:

Big brothered him on the tracks I heard:ohhh:

Especially ate his lunch on that love the dough song:lolbron: