Something I've noticed with Hollywood films...

Archangel

Banned
Daps
1. If the lead actor is a black man, he usually has a white or mixed wife and mixed child.
2. I just finished watching The Mountain Between Us with Idris Elba and Kate Winslet. The movie was fine until
the inevitable happened and both people who are married, ended up having sex. The black man just couldn't resist the white woman.
The script didn't even call for it. It was so forced.

Just about every movie The Rock stars in, he has a white wife or co star and/or white child i.e San Andreas.

Hollywood refuses to show a black family. Black Husband, Black wife, Black kids. It always has to be some racially ambiguous family or white washed family.

I'm not saying every film because there will always be outliers, but just something I noticed. There were many other examples but I can't remember the films. It's very common in the rocks movies though. Just an observation.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
The Rock is an exception, and is the modern day Anthony Quinn.
When it's all said and done, he will have played characters of 25+ ethnicities/races.

You can't look at him and tell what his background is. When I first saw him in the wrestling ring with the Versace shirts, I thought he was a mixed race Cuban.

The casting with Rock is comical sometimes, like in the film Snitch...the Rock and a CLEARLY Greek wife= an Irish son. HILARIOUS!!!

I do note that absence of visibly Black wives in films with Black leads. It sucks because, for a Black actress....the pinnacle of their careers often is to play opposite an A list Black actor at least once.