Sonic might've made the biggest comeback I've ever seen for a franchise

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Sega needs to make Sonic Adventure 3(or Something Similar) with Momentum Physics/Controls, like in the Genesis era.

Many of the most recent Sonic, games have been "Lazy".

Nintendo, never slacks on Mario games.

3D Mario, has presented the template for Sega to emulate to have greater controls.

My opinion, they should spend a lot of time working on Sonic's movements in 3D.

And also remove "Rails".

The Rails sections on most Modern Sonic games, aren't good.

It's basically an interpolation of the "Loops" in the Genesis games.

The Loops, were never on "Auto Pilot", Rails take away control.

Also the Double Tap "Targeting", to hit enemies, all of these mechanism actually make Sonic seem "Slow".
Another thing is that in 3d Mario enemies are often just another aspect of the platforming. The platforming also requires more timing. In Mario Odyssey I was jumping off turtles and then hat jumping to get that towered over Mario. In modern 3D games the enemies rarely function as part of the platforming. They're just convenient obstacles to pause the let's go fast.

Ty Daniels

All Star
Daps
Another thing is that in 3d Mario enemies are often just another aspect of the platforming. The platforming also requires more timing. In Mario Odyssey I was jumping off turtles and then hat jumping to get that towered over Mario. In modern 3D games the enemies rarely function as part of the platforming. They're just convenient obstacles to pause the let's go fast.

Facts.

Nintendo just seems to care more about Mario, than Sega does (recently) for "Modern" Sonic.

Sonic came out as a direct competitor to Mario, so Sega put a lot of effort to make him competition.

The Enemies in Sonic in the older Genesis era, were a lot more "innovative", most of the enemies in modern Sonic games are generic, and just function as you say "Convenient Obstacles".

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
As a breh who grew up with the character, you love to see it :wow:

In the 2010s Sonic was basically completely washed up, most of the games were bad (with the exception of Generations), and then Forces was particularly terrible. Then we found out about there was going to be a live-action Sonic movie which everybody figured would be a joke...and that was before this picture came out

sonic-movie-1556891872.png

Now several years later -

-Both live action Sonic movies were hits and the third is on the way
-Knuckles spinoff coming out in a month (never thought Knuckles would get his own show)
-Probably more spinoffs if the Netflix one is successful since they're trying to build a shared universe
-Highly rated 3D Sonic game that's actually the best selling 3D Sonic ever - Sonic Frontiers Is The Best Selling 3D Sonic Game Of All Time.
-Recent Netflix cartoon
-Decent 2D Sonic that dropped last year
-Sonic Generations remake coming out later this year

:wow:

Didn't know this :ohhh:

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
nephews still not allowed to Google sonic fan art or search sonic vids on YouTube but shout out to my boy for the come back:myman: