Sonny (A Bronx Tale) vs Vito Corleone (The Godfather) who dropped more Jewels?

Sonny vs. Vito Corleone (Who dropped more jewels of wisdom? Who was a Better Father?)

• Total voters

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn, I just watched A BRONX TALE for the first time in 5 years. I forgot how GREAT a movie it is. Now I'm wondering who dropped more wisdom, Sonny or Vito Corleone? Who was the better father?

I know Sonny wasn't Cee's real dad, but I'll be damned if he didn't teach Cee more then his pops. Taught him about the streets, how to hustle, don't sweat petty money (the 20 bucks he was owed) and gave him game about women. And most importantly, saved Cee's life.

The you have Vito Corleone. A calculating self made man, who did everything to give his family a better life. Tried to steer Michael away from the family business. Was a gentleman. And a man of honor. Not sure if he would've been proud of the man Michael became.

So who y'all got? Sonny or Vito?

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
sonny was a chump compared to vito this isn't even a question. vito had the love AND the respect.

despite giving C some fatherly advice here and there he was ultimately not a good influence. his pops was right. sonny was the real sucker. vito corleone died an old man playing with his grandson, sonny got murked by some scrub and had no one come to his funeral.

what's the most useful thing C learned from sonny? the door test? that he shouldn't look up to athletes? nothing compared to what his actual father taught him, namely the value in working hard and leading an honest life.

vito's last conversation with michael actually saved his life!

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
Damn, I just watched A BRONX TALE for the first time in 5 years. I forgot how GREAT a movie it is. Now I'm wondering who dropped more wisdom, Sonny or Vito Corleone? Who was the better father?

I know Sonny wasn't Cee's real dad, but I'll be damned if he didn't teach Cee more then his pops. Taught him about the streets, how to hustle, don't sweat petty money (the 20 bucks he was owed) and gave him game about women. And most importantly, saved Cee's life.

The you have Vito Corleone. A calculating self made man, who did everything to give his family a better life. Tried to steer Michael away from the family business. Was a gentleman. And a man of honor. Not sure if he would've been proud of the man Michael became.

So who y'all got? Sonny or Vito?
Now which Vito are we talking about, because there's some dualities going on. DeNiro's Vito was cool, but DeNiro was also a good father to Cee. Like he said "the worst thing in the world is wasted talent," or something like that. Sonny was still whooping ass, but my favorite part was when Sonny pulled Cee out of the car when they were going to firebomb the record store. The competing father figures for Cee made that movie great because they both had his best interest.

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
sonny was a chump compared to vito this isn't even a question. vito had the love AND the respect.

despite giving C some fatherly advice here and there he was ultimately not a good influence. his pops was right. sonny was the real sucker. vito corleone died an old man playing with his grandson, sonny got murked by some scrub and had no one come to his funeral.

what's the most useful thing C learned from sonny? the door test? that he shouldn't look up to athletes? nothing compared to what his actual father taught him, namely the value in working hard and leading an honest life.

vito's last conversation with michael actually saved his life!
Well damn. I came into the thread torn, but dammit you're right. :whew:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Both great movies but i gotta go with vito. Was the bronx tale based on deniro since he love himself some black women

:russ:

I just remember as a kid when a bronx tale came out italians were being extra hostile about that italian black love