SONY FILMS loses a BILLION DOLLARS last quarter of 2016..GHOSTBUSTERS ..ANGRY BIRDS FLOP..

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Sony loses a billion at the movies – TechEye

Sony takes $1.3b write-down as Ghostbusters, Angry Birds movies disappoint

There have been rumours for a while now that Sony was thinking of off-loading its movie business, and now it is clear why.

The outfit has dropped nearly a billion dollars on its entertainment business. Sony said it will write down $976 million in the third quarter, blaming weaker film profits as online streaming services sap demand for movie DVDs.

To offset part of the loss, the company also said it would sell shares in the medical web service M3 to Goldman Sachs's Japan unit, in a deal worth about ¥37 billion.

The announcement comes two weeks after Sony said the chief executive officer of Sony Entertainment, Michael Lynton, is stepping down after a 13-year run. The studio has struggled recently, including with last year's Ghostbusters sequel and a movie based on the Angry Birds video game. Sony warned in June the division was at a risk of posting more losses.

Read more: Sony takes $1.3b write-down as Ghostbusters, Angry Birds movies disappoint
Follow us: @FinancialReview on Twitter | financialreview on Facebook

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
I think Spider-Man will be their last hope. They need to get a blumhouse type subsidiary and start focusing on smaller projects and save the big budgets for movies like Spider-Man and Bond if they get the rights back.

No reason for shyt like Ghostbusters to have a $140 million budget.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
great news.
:jawalrus:

wat6rr.jpg

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I have feeling Spiderman movie may underperform. Theyre jamming Iron Man in it and I have feeling that this may be the Iron Man show.
It's gonna underperform because they're once again trying to do their own thing instead of just making Spiderman

I have a feeling it's gonna be the Marvel movie that breaks the winning streak and fukks up this comic book movie shyt for a long time