Sony Hack Revealed Marvel Wanted Spider-Man In Captain America: Civil War

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/12/09/sony-marvel-discussed-spider-man-movie-crossover/

tumblr_ngcqfmespV1s5zf6fo1_1280.jpg

Sony Pictures has considered partnering with Marvel and producing an animated comedy as it looks to revamp its big screen strategy for “Spider-Man.

Details of the discussions are contained in e-mails to and from Sony’s motion picture chief Amy Pascal, which were released on the Internet by hackers this week.

The e-mails reveal extensive discussions between executives at Sony and Marvel owner Walt Disney, all the way up to their respective chief executives Kaz Hirai and Robert Iger.

In an Oct. 30 e-mail, Sony Pictures president Doug Belgrad tells Ms. Pascal about a potential scenario that would see Marvel produce a new trilogy of Spider-Man movies while Sony retains “creative control, marketing and distribution.”

In a separate e-mail, Ms. Pascal tells a business partner that Marvel wanted to include Spider-Man in its planned third “Captain America” movie.

Some fanboys have clamored for Marvel Studios, which producers the blockbuster“Avengers” and “Iron Man” films, to take back control of Spider-Man from Sony, which has a long-term license. Sony’s last Spider-Man movie, “The Amazing Spider-Man 2,”received a mixed reaction from fans and modestly underperformed at the box office.

The talks with Marvel eventually broke down and Sony is now planning to go ahead with its own Spider-Man slate, according to people familiar with the matter. As of late November, executives were planning a “Spidey summit” for January to discuss future plans. Among projects in development are an animated Spider-Man comedy that would be produced by Chris Miller and Phil Lord, the team behind “22 Jump Street” and “The Lego Movie,” as well as previously disclosed Spider-Man spin-offs focused on villain team Sinister Six, super-foe Venom, and women from the webslinger’s life.
:mjcry:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
This was known.

Earlier in the year after Winter Solider dropped and just after Spidey 2 dropped and they were talking Sinister Six, there was the hot rumour that Sony was uncertain what to do and part of the plan was some joint deal with Sony and Marvel/Disney to have the character feature in each of their films.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
The scripts aren't as bad as whoever's writing these movies turning them into romance movies. Too much Amy Adams way too much Natalie Portman and too much Emma Stone.
Look at Jamie's character. His dialogue was cringe worthy man, then the fukking German scientist... it's just too much corniness for a film to be taken serious. I understand the kids are the cash cows, but goodness man that was awful.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Damn. Can someone please make a thread on the emails about the casting for the steve jobs biopic. David fincher's random shot at the fuggo adam driver had me rolling :russ::russ:

I'm reading some of the articles now, this shyt is pure jokes. :dead:

Pascal e-mailed back, saying that she loved the idea and that she was going to talk to Boyle about it. But the next day she e-mailed Sorkin again to say that Boyle “seems committed to” Michael Fassbender for the part.

Sorkin replied, “This used to be an event. I don't know who Michael Fassbender is and the rest of the world isn't going to care. This is insane.” But in the exchange that followed, he wrote, “fukk it. He's a great actor whose time has come.”

:shaq2: @ not knowing who Fassbender is but :mjlol: @ the ruthlessness of it all.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Among projects in development are an animated Spider-Man comedy that would be produced by Chris Miller and Phil Lord, the team behind “22 Jump Street” and “The Lego Movie,” as well as previously disclosed Spider-Man spin-offs focused on villain team Sinister Six, super-foe Venom, and women from the webslinger’s life.

:snoop:

No just no