Sony Leaks: Spike Lee is Doing School Daze Too with Drake & Kevin Hart?!?!

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
https://wikileaks.org/sony/emails/emailid/47998

Dear Doug:
Pursuant to our conversations, and before seeking finance elsewhere, Spike and I wanted you to see the revised draft of SCHOOL DAZE TOO. This is a new draft that Spike has written after meetings with Drake, who will play the lead role of PE*NIS, and Kevin Hart who will play DAT nikka JIGGA. The budget is $ 9 million (net, after Georgia tax credits), not including historic costs, star salaries, creative producer fees.

Drake is available this Summer so Spike hopes to move forward with this to take advantage of his availability.
Since Amy agreed to allow Spike to make it elsewhere, and before entering the marketplace to seek other finance, Spike has attempted to fortify the film. The new elements are: the cast, Drake and Kevin Hart; this draft; the lower budget; and Mikeโ€™s joining the Sony team โ€“ Spike enjoyed working together at New Line.

We have not gone out with it โ€“ my hope is that there is a great home for it at Sony with these new elements.
I believe in the film both as an entertainment -- a college film -- and as a provocative and exciting piece about the conflict of traditional values (education, college) and hip hop/star/celebrity culture. Why go to college to get a job to make money when you can make more money rapping, stripping, and creating salacious music videos even if they demean women?:mjpls:

I look forward to talking with you about it, and Spike is available to talk if you wish.
Best,
Bart

these sony leaks are crazy btw. the search feature lets you find some :ehh::ohhh::stopitslime:things

Last edited:

TOP SZNing

A1 From Day1
Daps
9m budget for a movie in 2015? :mindblown:

Spike pays more for his Knicks tickets then his movies :lolbron:

CoCKy GeNiuS

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the same Spike who said Dame is arrogant and blah blah blah but begging for budget capital....