Sony Slashes PlayStation VR2 Headset Output After Pre-Orders Disappoint

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They made critical mistakes and the peripheral isn't even out yet.
Why isn't it backwards compatible? Better yet why isn't PSVR1 FORWARDS compatible?
Is your goal to actually penetrate the VR market or is it to charge for a peripheral that will
quietly die and get no support ?

If it's the former, you continue your initiatives started on PS4, if it's the latter you charge MORE
for your peripheral than you do for the machine required to fukking run it.

:pachaha:

What morons signed off on this?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

“seeing enthusiasm from PlayStation fans for the upcoming launch, which includes more than 30 titles such as Gran Turismo 7, Horizon Call of the Mountain, and Resident Evil Village.”

They don’t deny or confirm the numbers.

If Bloomberg has a manufacturing source plans could be in flux and that’s what they are reporting on.

what we all know is that PSVR2 ain’t gone sell no damn 2 million units out the gate.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
“seeing enthusiasm from PlayStation fans for the upcoming launch, which includes more than 30 titles such as Gran Turismo 7, Horizon Call of the Mountain, and Resident Evil Village.”

They don’t deny or confirm the numbers.

If Bloomberg has a manufacturing source plans could be in flux and that’s what they are reporting on.

what we all know is that PSVR2 ain’t gone sell no damn 2 million units out the gate.

Theres nothing else to deny , they never reported on selling 2 million units to begin with :mjlol:

Its like saying you saw someone shoot someone, then the person in question says they didn’t shoot anyone, then you came back saying “well you didn’t deny having a gun and pulling the trigger, so what is the truth?”

Like, you made it all up :dahell:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Exactly. Their statement doesn’t confirm or deny the rumors

They denied the fact that they are cutting back shipments, that was the entire point. They never confirmed any number to begin with so what is there left to deny?

Whatever they planned to ship last year is what they are shipping. Stop acting slow just because you want to debate today

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They denied the fact that they are cutting back shipments, that was the entire point. They never confirmed any number to begin with so what is there left to deny?

Whatever they planned to ship last year is what they are shipping. Stop acting slow just because you want to debate today
They didn’t even deny that. The quote just says they are seeing enthusiasm.

If preliminary talks were around 2 mil. And final plans are for around 1.

Then there is a scenario where Bloomberg's reporting was “correct” and Sony can still make the statement they made.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They didn’t even deny that. The quote just says they are seeing enthusiasm.

If preliminary talks were around 2 mil. And final plans are for around 1.

Then there is a scenario where Bloomberg's reporting was “correct” and Sony can still make the statement they made.

The entire headline is the denial, its straight from Sony.

We don’t know what the forecasted numbers were, sony has never once said what they were planning to ship so the entire premise is false to begin with

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The entire headline is the denial, its straight from Sony.

We don’t know what the forecasted numbers were, sony has never once said what they were planning to ship so the entire premise is false to begin with
The headline is from Gameindustrybiz. The quote is within the article.

It was always a rumor from bloomberg. Sonys statement does not confirm or deny the rumor.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The headline is from Gameindustrybiz. The quote is within the article.

It was always a rumor from bloomberg. Sonys statement does not confirm or deny the rumor.

The original 2 million shipment was a rumor, if you report that, and then find out the real number was the new number being reported its pretty easy to say they were cutting down production.

But anyway, this is another thing that you don’t have access to that you will waste time arguing back and forth over.

Last edited:

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Cancelled my pre-order couple weeks ago. If I could use it on my PC for steam - definitely would have purchased. Price is too steep for it's limited library.

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Cancelled my pre-order couple weeks ago. If I could use it on my PC for steam - definitely would have purchased. Price is too steep for it's limited library.
Have you ever played VRChat on steam? I heard the community in that MMO is wild :lupe: