Sooo … Top Rank always had/has the best fighters, just not the most popular ones

morris

Superstar
Daps
Inoue
Crawford
Stevenson?

Haymon’s staple looking liite right now

morris

Superstar
Daps
Damn...for got to add Tyson Fury and Teofimo as they are also TR fighters.

TDUBB

All Star
Daps
If they promote him right and bring his fights here in the US, I can see Inoue filling up areans in Vegas and CA.

morris

Superstar
Daps
If they promote him right and bring his fights here in the US, I can see Inoue filling up areans in Vegas and CA.
After checking his record I see he's fought in Japan, US (3x) and Scotland (1x); maybe another world tour or like you said, start the marketing machine stateside.

JamesJabdi

Superstar
Daps
Crawford hasn't been with Top Rank going on for 2 years now and while he was over there he was doing TERRIBLE numbers according to Bob Arum who would often talk bad about him publically. Hell Crawford sued them but y'all saying he is still a top rank guy? He should tell Shakur to not make the same mistakes he made with his career.

Spence vs Crawford was a PBC/Showtime event.....no involvement from Top Rank.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I think TR gives better offers to the top prospects, then it's up to them for the most part. The other platforms seem to offer less up front money but develop and position guys better. I think that's why a guy like Shakur would sign with TR over PBC for example. He maximizing his early earning potential with the option to leave later in his career. Contrast that to Tank who was less heralded as an amatuer but was built up and well matched by PBC to get him to superstar status and now the big money is coming.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
I think TR gives better offers to the top prospects, then it's up to them for the most part. The other platforms seem to offer less up front money but develop and position guys better. I think that's why a guy like Shakur would sign with TR over PBC for example. He maximizing his early earning potential with the option to leave later in his career. Contrast that to Tank who was less heralded as an amatuer but was built up and well matched by PBC to get him to superstar status and now the big money is coming.

interesting.....that makes sense.

No wonder Crawford was comfortable just staying over there.

Al definitely puts guys in position......like guys like Berto or Rollie have overachieved so much and been put in amazing positions.

Osmar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the best fighters jump from promotion to promotion to make the best/lucrative fights.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Bob is an evil fukkin scumbag. But there's no denying he's got the best eye for talent in the game. And he knows how to matchup his guys to maximize their development.

morris

Superstar
Daps
Crawford hasn't been with Top Rank going on for 2 years now and while he was over there he was doing TERRIBLE numbers according to Bob Arum who would often talk bad about him publically. Hell Crawford sued them but y'all saying he is still a top rank guy? He should tell Shakur to not make the same mistakes he made with his career.

Spence vs Crawford was a PBC/Showtime event.....no involvement from Top Rank.
True.

But he's BEEN calling out Spence since being with TR. Nothing new here.

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
I kinda agree.

I'd argue that Canelo, Davis and Garcia are quite big drawcards too however.

Perhaps even Joshua?