South Africa is on the brink of martial law/anarchy

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But Ethiopians are not considered black in ANY black African country like Nigeria, Ghana, Congo, South Africa etc

They have OBVIOUS Arab berber admixture (along with with other Horn of Africa surrounding countries).

To give you an example, Nigerians don't really phenotypically look like Xhosa or Zulu people, you can always tell a Nigerian apart in SA (for the most part) BUT you don't ever think of them as trying NOT black... This goes for other African nationals.
They don't look like out local tribes, but they are unmistakably black

For example, my sister has a child and is married to a Nigerian (Igbo), the baby is black (half Xhosa, half Igbo) and is accepted as a black in both households.

But if she had a kid with an Ethiopian, that babies hair and skin etc would be considered suspect across ANY black African country.

I thought that was a white people thing. Ethiopians even tell me “whites try to say they aren’t black cause their hair, but were black”. They know their history. Cause whites wanna claim blacks from North Africa or around Ethiopia/Somalia/Sudan even Yemen (who obviously have some Berber Bedouin mixture these days).

You might be mistaken with them having Arab culture mixed in cause Islam but they’re still black

regardless, these are black people from Africa originally with their own culture. They might not be from your tribe but they still African and black

There’s a good video on a black Ethiopian in America fighting against this exact thing where they try to label him white.

The other obvious problem is if Ethiopians consider themselves black Africans and they’re not then what should they consider Nigerians for example, “Ultra Black”? :mjlol:

and what’s the connotation of it ?

it’s like a slippery slope.

I already assume there’s some type of “coloured” privilege in SA and also some Pro African/ coloured hate.

But on the flip side, one country with both Ethiopians and South Africans would be :banderas:

Daps
There's a black American guy I met in Johannesburg from Baltimore. He is unambiguously black, deep brown witb deadlocks.
I thought he was a regular black South African.
He is related somehow some way to Tank Davis the boxer. (we talked some boxing when we met coz I'm a casual Follower of boxing).

Anyway, I asked if people ever came up to him and IMMEDIATELY greeted or started speaking in Zulu? He said "that happens all the time, and then they get confused and then excited when they hear I'm American".

I asked him "do you think your cousin Tank Davis would ever have someone mistake him for Zulu?".. The answer is no.

I think this is what causes a lot of confusion for black American brehs.

You have siblings in your family that could come to SA, and one would be assumed black and another would be assumed as colored.
If you look black you're black, if you look mixed, you're mixed.

As an outsider what I've seen in America is that they are replacing authentic unambiguous black people over there, with a one-drop mixed group as the FACE of what a black American is.
From Obama to Beyonce, from Halle Barry to Kamala Harriss.

White people over there have sort of made mullatos the FACE of Black America.
I always felt the long term agenda was to truly create a hybrid mixed race class and breed out the African genes completely.

But black American brehs get emotional about it coz they have siblings, or parent or grandparent that basically looks or is a multi generational mullato.
Also some of the greatest "civil rights" leaders have been multi generational mixed breeds like Malcom X.
Great authors and writers like August Wilson (German father) who've made a great contribution on the African experience Black American experience.

So I get why. But I don't wanna wake up in 50 years and every "Black" person looks like Steph Curry and his kids :francis:
Blame PAWGERS.

:unimpressed: