South African bodybuilder dies attempting a backflip

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Sifiso Lungelo Thabete, a bodybuilder from Umlazi in KwaZulu-Natal, reportedly died on Saturday after breaking his neck in an accident.

In a video that been circulating on social media, the IFBB World champion in the up-to-75kg category can be seen flexing his muscles as he walks to the mat; he then tries to do a backflip, but lands on his head.

His friends and medics run to the bodybuilder for assistance.
According to bodybuilding blogs, he never recovered from the fall.

Thabete’s recent victory was at the second edition of the IFBB Muscle Mulisha Grand Prix in the bodybuilding under 23 over 75kg division.
In that competition, however, he completes the backflip successfully.

It appears the mistake he made in his fatal attempt was to try to do a backflip while still having forward momentum. When he was able to do it successfully, he was standing still.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Op is he considered a hamite?
Not if he's from the Lemba tribe in South Africa. Why don't you email his dad and find out :stopitslime:

Israel_Stattered_1_1.jpg

Last edited:

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
full
I was just curious bruh. My grandpops come from the french west indies. He would be considered Levi or Benjamin according to the 12 tribe graph I forget.
Lol my bad. I typed in the city where he's from in South Africa and it did pull up some Israelites were there. Check the original post that I just edited

Last edited:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Some bodybuilders go way too hard to prove they have "functional muscle".

What a senseless way to die, rip that brother.
I didn't even think about the psychologically of that. Makes sense. The age old functional muscle Vs godly but "useless" aesthetics argument probably gets to Alot of these dudes.