Southern Brehs, what's the bougiest state in the South?

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
If the light skinned Catholic black folks in New Orleans had their own state, it would be them.

But Louisiana is still the most bougiest. All that new money, you got families in LA and MS who actually descended from slave owning families/plantations

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Break it down for my breh, had no clue ATL was like that.
To me, It's literally black hollywood.

The amount of transpants and stankness is probably more than the average state. Everyone who moves here is trying to be a "boss" or "rapper", model, think they're "rich", etc.,

Everybody i seem to see especially the transplants, think theyre somebody. shyt seems to be geared a lot towards popularity

There are a lot of cool, down to earth people out here though. People are pretty chill for the most part but there is a level of stank I would say its more than other states... And this is coming from someone who travels a lot down south.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
If the light skinned Catholic black folks in New Orleans had their own state, it would be them.

But Louisiana is still the most bougiest. All that new money, you got families in LA and MS who actually descended from slave owning families/plantations
I will say this, black folks in Louisiana do act kinda uppity as well.. I would say close second to georgia/Atlanta

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
I will say this, black folks in Louisiana do act kinda uppity as well.. I would say close second to georgia/Atlanta
I associate bougieness kind of with the age of the free black community. Atlanta is to New Orleans what DC is to Philly. People think DC is bougie until they make that trip up I-95.

Are we talking country club bougie or day party at The Park in DC bougie? Theres levels to this shyt :jbhmm:

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
I associate bougieness kind of with the age of the free black community. Atlanta is to New Orleans what DC is to Philly. People think DC is bougie until they make that trip up I-95.

Are we talking country club bougie or day party at The Park in DC bougie? Theres levels to this shyt :jbhmm:

There's level to bougieness when it comes to black people imo.

Day Party is imo that nice balance of working class, middle, upper middle, sprinkle in some people on the lower income side of things all kicking it and doing them. It's one notch before it comes "bourgeois" personally.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

You're right

Louisiana bougie is kinda like that country club, fraternity/sorority type bougie while GA/Atl, to me, is that day club/fake celeb type bougie and thats mainly from transplants imo

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
There's level to bougieness when it comes to black people imo.

Day Party is imo that nice balance of working class, middle, upper middle, sprinkle in some people on the lower income side of things all kicking it and doing them. It's one notch before it comes "bourgeois" personally.
When I think bougie, I think:
1 Jack and Jill
2 being a senior member at the oldest black church in the community
3 usually light skinned, their children are more apt to marry white women
4 they live in a historically black community but not the hood
5 Either a divine 9 member or divine 9 affiliated

Super bougie:
1 the kids only do top of the line universities. Enough money to send one to Stanford, NYU and Dartmouth
2 Vacation in Marthas Vineyard/ Rhode Island
3 Kids to summer camp at Timber Lake/Manitou/Robin Hood or another one in Maine

I am still doing some investigating but I think Delaware is the secret base for black bougieness. That whole eastern shore of DE, MD and VA is like that scene off Crooklyn where Zaria went down south while her mom was dying.

Also I think there is a difference between bougie folks that want to be white and those are just bougie and comfortably black.