Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse [June 2nd 2023]

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Just got out of the theater about an hour ago shyt was DUMB FIRE!!!:blessed:

I need the next part now:blessed:

From the animation styles, that cameo, to the ending, all the spidermen man 11/10 forreal

DG Cameo as his Prowler variant :wow:

Earth-42 Miles variant as Prowler:demonic::wow:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
this is embarassing but I forgot the name of a 90s instrumental they played. To be clear, I KNOW THIS SONG, and grew up playing it but am trying to add it to a playlist. It was in a scene with a lot of webswinging, little fighting and was some rawkus 90s type song, heavy horns, rap city used to use it for commercials or intros and stuff. what is the name of that song its driving me nuts

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Good to see this movie crushing buildings after the first one went under the radar

Columbia Pictures and Sony Pictures Animation's "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse" earned $51.75 million on Friday from 4,313 locations, a figure that includes some $17.35 million in Thursday previews. That's the largest opening day of the year so far, inching past the $48.1 million earned by "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3."

The animated superhero adventure is already outpacing its projections of an $80 million-or-so opening heading into the weekend, with the film now looking to thwip together a $113 million debut through Sunday.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
"EVERYBODY STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND CATCH SPIDERMAN"

5qtf71.png

:dead:

Last edited:
Daps
The thing is they don’t need to put the big budgets on animation, this movie only cost ~100 Mil.

The problem is with Disney is their Pixar/Disney Animation films have been costing 200-250mil. Idk where their budget goes but it seems like Disney is incapable of shrinking their budget whether it’s Marvel/Pixar/Live Action Remakes.

sometimes i really feel like a lot of hollywood is a lowkey money laundering scheme

you watch certain films, and even if you are generous with how the budget is spent, you wonder how many mils get skimmed off the top :patrice:

i believe the animation costs for this film must be wild tho, just off the strength of having different art styles mesh in every scene/frame

puggle

Superstar
Daps
The coolest thing about the two movies is that of course, the animation is off the charts and everything that comes with it, but the quiet scenes hit all the right beats. I can argue the best scenes in both movies are when Miles has his heart to heart with Rio in this one and when Jefferson tells Miles he loves him in the original near the end. They’re great scenes that wouldn’t feel out of place in any live action movie.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I can't WAIT to see this shyt on OLED. The first one was already crazy and they stepped it up another level. :banderas:

But they can't take another 5 years (I can't believe it's been that long :mindblown:) after an ending like that. That sequel better be ready to go by next year :damn: