Spike Lee Goes in: "Django is disrespectful to my ancestors".....

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Why? It's a distraction, and it weakens the argument against real institutionalized racism. Kinda like the boy who cried wolf. If we run around all day calling out "thats racist" then when there is some real racism that needs to be addressed people will ignore it.

:heh:

dumb

Gravity

Banned
Daps
FYI I'm not impressed. If it takes a fictional Hollywood blaxploitation slave revenge flick to get an adult who's born and raised in this country to do some "research" on slavery for the 1st time then that person obviously doesn't really care. That person is willfully ignorant. The white boy poster that you quoted exposed himself without realizing it. "I didn't even know that slaves were treated that bad till I saw Django" You actually believe that huh? :snoop: Again, there's nothing to "learn" from the movie Django. It's not teaching people anything and it's not sparking productive dialogue between the races that is going to result in any kind of change. It's just a movie that perpetuates the status quo. People only throw that "its teaching people and sparking conversation" BS out there to justify and defend the movie just like you're doing. People are so dishonest that it's disgusting. My point remains, Django exploits slavery and blacks as a whole. Dishonest people like you will do any and everything to defend the movie from the truth.
That guy might literally be the dumbest poster on this site. "The real racism in Hollywood is that blacks don't get roles". :dwillhuh: So the perpetuation of negative black stereotypes and the hidden agendas/messages that Hollywood uses to reinforce white superiority/black inferiority have nothing to do with racism? Dude has a serious house ****** mentality.

NYC Rebel

Daps
FYI I'm not impressed. If it takes a fictional Hollywood blaxploitation slave revenge flick to get an adult who's born and raised in this country to do some "research" on slavery for the 1st time then that person obviously doesn't really care. That person is willfully ignorant. The white boy poster that you quoted exposed himself without realizing it. "I didn't even know that slaves were treated that bad till I saw Django" You actually believe that huh? :snoop: Again, there's nothing to "learn" from the movie Django. It's not teaching people anything and it's not sparking productive dialogue between the races that is going to result in any kind of change. It's just a movie that perpetuates the status quo. People only throw that "its teaching people and sparking conversation" BS out there to justify and defend the movie just like you're doing. People are so dishonest that it's disgusting. My point remains, Django exploits slavery and blacks as a whole. Dishonest people like you will do any and everything to defend the movie from the truth.That guy might literally be the dumbest poster on this site. "The real racism in Hollywood is that blacks don't get roles". :dwillhuh: So the perpetuation of negative black stereotypes and the hidden agendas/messages that Hollywood uses to reinforce white superiority/black inferiority have nothing to do with racism? Dude has a serious house ****** mentality.

The thing is, who is he responding to saying "If we run around all day calling out "thats racist"

I said nothing about this movie being racist!!! I said the movie was a bore and right out of Hollywoods playbook and that his five minute conversations meant nothing to the greater good when addressing slavery.

Dude is just a windbag who likes speaking to himself. :heh:

DUMB

Gravity

Banned
Daps
The thing is, who is he responding to saying "If we run around all day calling out "thats racist"

I said nothing about this movie being racist!!! I said the movie was a bore and right out of Hollywoods playbook and that his five minute conversations meant nothing to the greater good when addressing slavery.

Dude is just a windbag who likes speaking to himself. :heh:

DUMB
It's the strawman argument defense tactic. It's real popular.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That guy might literally be the dumbest poster on this site. "The real racism in Hollywood is that blacks don't get rolls" :dwillhuh: So the perpetuation of negative black stereotypes and the hidden agendas/messages that Hollywood uses to reinforce white superiority/black inferiority have nothing to do with racism? Dude has a serious house ****** mentality.

You said it yourself, that django didn't promote any negative stereotypes.

What messages of white superiority are contained within django?

NYC Rebel

Daps

Again...
If we run around all day calling out "thats racist" then when there is some real racism that needs to be addressed people will ignore it.

:mindblown:

You weren't even responding to me. You were responding to a figment of your imagination.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Again...

You weren't even responding to me. You were responding to a figment of your imagination.

If I'm not mistaken you were the one who posted QT with the black girl to try to "prove" your point.

This is what I'm talking about. Even if django is a crime against black Americans, talking about the kind of women the director likes to fondle does nothing but distract from the matter at hand.

NYC Rebel

Daps
If I'm not mistaken you were the one who posted QT with the black girl to try to "prove" your point.

And what was that point?

TELL ME since you seem to be my spokesman and responding to things I NEVER SAID!!

DUMB

You're one of those types who create people in order to trump up your own irrelevant points.
If we run around all day calling out "thats racist" then when there is some real racism that needs to be addressed people will ignore it.

Again....where did I even say "that's racist" anywhere in this thread for you to post this drivel?

:what:

Gravity

Banned
Daps

I was speaking in reference to Hollywood(exactly like you were), not in reference to Django. I wont even get into discussing the possible hiddend agendas/messages in the movie because you arent ready for that.

My issue with Django is that it's not what it was hyped up to be. It's billed as some kind of black empowerment movie and that's not what it is. Jamie Foxx is billed as the leading actor and his role is billed as the main character, but neither is really true. The movie is billed that way in order to try and avoid backlash from the black community. It's all game, black folk got pimped. I take issue with people not acknowledging the truth regarding Django.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And what was that point?

TELL ME since you seem to be my spokesman and responding to things I NEVER SAID!!

DUMB

You're one of those types who create people in order to trump up your own irrelevant points.

Again....where did I even say "that's racist" anywhere in this thread for you to post this drivel?

:what:

"That's racist" is just the figure of speech I used.

You get my point from what I posted above, but you'll continue to stay stuck on the phrase I used instead of the point I made.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I was speaking in reference to Hollywood(exactly like you were), not in reference to Django. My issue with Django is that it's not what it was hyped up to be. It's billed as some kind of black empowerment movie and that's not what it is. Jamie Foxx is billed as the leading actor and his role is billed as the main character, but neither is really true. The movie is billed that way in order to try and avoid backlash from the black community. It's all game, black folk got pimped. I take issue with people not acknowledging the truth regarding Django.

Wow. A reasonable response from you. I'm impressed. I agree with all of this except for the black people being pimped part.

NYC Rebel

Daps
"That's racist" is just the figure of speech I used.

GOOD.

So you admit to talking to yourself which strengthens my point that you're simply talking out of your ass.

As if talking about Django has preoccupied my time enough away from not dealing with the instutionalized practice of racism.

And if anything, why aren't you following your same advice, making post after post in here, vilifying us as being distracted away from "real issues," while distracted yourself making post after post in here?

DUMB

My bad. only YOU are capable enough to have a handle on both discussing Django and not be distracted by it to talk about other things. We on the other hand are incapable of it, right?

Practice what you gat dayum preach.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
GOOD.

So you admit to talking to yourself which strengthens my point that you're simply talking out of your ass.

As if talking about Django has preoccupied my time enough away from not dealing with the instutionalized practice of racism.

And if anything, why aren't you following your same advice, making post after post in here, vilifying us as being distracted away from "real issues," while distracted yourself making post after post in here?

DUMB
Unlike most of you coli activists I'm out everyday working to improve my community. You complained about textbooks, well I'm actualy out trying to fix that problem everyday. I work to educate the kids in my communty about the entertainment business, and jobs and prosperity in general. I've mentored black students who want to break into the entertainment industry but aren't given a chance. Which is why I take offense to people complaining about django, a movie that actually employed a lot of black actors, while most other movies come off as black people don't even exist.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Unlike most of you coli activists I'm out everyday working to improve my community. You complained about textbooks, well I'm actualy out trying to fix that problem everyday. I work to educate the kids in my communty about the entertainment business, and jobs and prosperity in general. I've mentored black students who want to break into the entertainment industry but aren't given a chance. Which is why I take offense to people complaining about django, a movie that actually employed a lot of black actors, while most other movies come off as black people don't even exist.

Yeah.

And now comes out your resume.

Like I said:
only YOU are capable enough to have a handle on both discussing Django and not be distracted by it to talk about other things. We on the other hand are incapable of it, right?
That's type A arrogance on your part. Telling us we're distracted while you've probably made 50 posts in here, yet you're the only one capable of doing both things while us lowly niqqas aren't on your level.