Spike Lee's latest films looks like a fukkin student movie

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This looks exactly like a Spike Lee joints before Inside Man. Hell, same type Camera work from He Got Game. I'm in if this is really a Vampire flick. I hate Vampire movies too, but this looks different.

I will watch it. Better than watching these dumb black comedies. Plus the sista fine and got that British accent...ohhh lord.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
I will watch it. Better than watching these dumb black comedies. Plus the sista fine and got that British accent...ohhh lord.

down boy

images

%21BvH%28ig%21BWk%7E$%28KGrHqEOKjcEvcnF0ssRBMDM0TTNPQ%7E%7E_35.JPG

zaraah_abrahams_2006_09_03.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I see the cacs and c00ns have attempted to drag Spike's name through the mud again. This film looks great and far from student material. I actually supported this kickstarter, so i'm looking forward to getting my autographed bluray. Already got my shirt, and it was dope as hell!
OK Sistah Soulja:stopitslime:

The trailer is not well done and considering the movie is not an easy sell Spike should have put together a more coherent trailer.

Thoughts

Banned
Daps
Wait, am I trippin'' or is that Felicia "Snoop" Pearson at the club and then getting naked @ 0:25-0:30? :dwillhuh:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
nah, can't let this shyt slide

She's Gotta Have It
School Daze
Do the Right Thing
Mo Better Blues
Jungle Fever
Malcolm X
Crooklyn
Get on the Bus
4 Little Girls
He Got Game
25th Hour
Inside Man

All range from good to great
What about Clockers my Nubian?

Camile.Bidan

Banned
Daps
Looks like the film was shot in that all 70's wide-shot style like Chinatown and even earlier films like Fistful of Dollars.

Looks great.

Why does it look like a student film? We need more films like that.

Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
Name me some good to great movies then?
Good to great means 7.5 at least. A lot of spikes movies are 5s or 6s. Not bad, just not good or great.

Dont even think what I'm saying is really that far out there. How many directors have ALL good or great movies? Almost none. And spike def ain't one of the best film makers of all time

Good or great movies? Too many to name

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I see the cacs and c00ns have attempted to drag Spike's name through the mud again. This film looks great and far from student material. I actually supported this kickstarter, so i'm looking forward to getting my autographed bluray. Already got my shirt, and it was dope as hell!

I'm not a cac or what you call a "c00n" obviously and I've seen the movie and its terrible. The original Ganja and Hess is amazing, but Spike's version is incredibly bland.

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Spike is the most overrated muthafukka ever i swear. He got one, maybe two legit good movies?

LOL... Not even close to being the most overrated...

When you got guys like Wes Anderson and Paul Thomas Anderson.... who cinefhiles/film snobs suck off and praise no matter what they put out...

And before cats attack me.. I think PTA has 3 GREAT movies (Hard Eights, Boogie Nights, Magnolia... even tho he nearly fukked that movie up with that dumbass frog rain BS.) I always felt like the ACTORS in all of his flicks AFTER Magnolia carried his flicks moreso than his direction. Wes Anderson.. outside of Bottle Rocket, I have not been able to get into his flicks... I hated Royal Tenenbaums and Gene Hackman is one of my favorite actors of all time...

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
HAWAII
LOL... Not even close to being the most overrated...

When you got guys like Wes Anderson and Paul Thomas Anderson.... who cinefhiles/film snobs suck off and praise no matter what they put out...

And before cats attack me.. I think PTA has 3 GREAT movies (Hard Eights, Boogie Nights, Magnolia... even tho he nearly fukked that movie up with that dumbass frog rain BS.) I always felt like the ACTORS in all of his flicks AFTER Magnolia carried his flicks moreso than his direction. Wes Anderson.. outside of Bottle Rocket, I have not been able to get into his flicks... I hated Royal Tenenbaums and Gene Hackman is one of my favorite actors of all time...

Well to be fair I consider PTA extremely overrated too