Phi Chi Connection
Superman
Man of Steel
Superman II
Superman Returns
Batman vs. Superman
Superman IV
Superman III

Man of Steel just had some nonsensical/unnecessary plot points or else it would easily be number 1 for me.
  • Papa Kent shouldn't have died.
  • Too Much destruction in the end.
  • Should not have killed Zod.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I think I'm the only person who didn't have an issue with Zod getting killed in Man of Steel.

If Superman easily had access to the Phantom Zone to throw him back in, fine, but as far as I could tell he didn't. So I don't think he really had too much of choice, there was no other way to stop Zod from killing people. Even if he had knocked Zod out he would eventually wake up and it's not like a human prison would be effective.

Let's talk about how disappointing Superman Returns was. Barely even had a villain and the thing with Superman having a kid was just kind of weird.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This, although I barely remember 3/4 just remember not liking them.
3 almost edged out 4 for me solely because of the Scumbag Superman parts but the villains in 3 were so horrible and Richard Pryor was so out of place
But both of those movies are absolute crap.
Scumbag Supes was a riot though.
tumblr_mmpw1csgIu1qedb29o1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think I'm the only person who didn't have an issue with Zod getting killed in Man of Steel.

You ain't the only one we discussed that at length here many times.

From the rankings in this thread still looks like Man of Steel is viewed fondly and for good reason, it's one of the best CBM's of this decade.

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
1. Superman: The Movie
2. Superman II
3. Man of Steel
4. Superman Returns
5. Batman vs. Superman
6. Superman III
7. Superman IV: Quest for Peace

I don't care how dated they look now, no Superman film has been able to touch the original two. Reeve and Kidder's chemistry was amazing in both. And Reeve is still considered the definitive Superman.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I rank Cavill right up there with Reeves, he's an excellent Superman and nails whatever the script needs of him (JL was a mess but it showed how he could easily do a lighthearted Superman).

I will always rank Superman: The Movie on top of these lists for the same reason STAR WARS shouldn't be compared to it's sequels/prequels - it kicked in the door for everything else plus it made me fall in love with this shyt.

MoS is really up there though, just such a piff movie and great take on Superman/Zod.

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
Superman: The Movie (1978)
Superman II (1980)
Superman III (1983)
Superman IV: The Quest for Peace (1987)
Superman Returns (2006)
Man of Steel (2013)
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Man of Steel
Superman II
Superman
BvS
Superman IV
Superman III
Superman Returns

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
3 almost edged out 4 for me solely because of the Scumbag Superman parts but the villains in 3 were so horrible and Richard Pryor was so out of place
But both of those movies are absolute crap.
Scumbag Supes was a riot though.
tumblr_mmpw1csgIu1qedb29o1_500.gif

giphy.gif

I think "Scumbag Supes" was supposed to be that movie's interpretation of Bizzaro but who knows but Superman III/IV were straight ass. Also, I got tired of seeing Lex Luthor in the movies at least they gave him a break in part 3. Richard Pyror shouldn't have been anywhere near a Superman movie. The first two Superman movies of the Reeve era were gold.

Idk what the fukk WB is doing with Henry Cavill but they seriously dropped the ball by not doing a follow up after M.O.S.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I don't know I'm kind of conflicted with Superman II:patrice:

They introduced my least favorite trope in superhero movies where the hero gives up his powers/mantle for some p*ssy. Imagine giving up the power to be Superman so you can fukk Margot Kidder :mjlol: