SPIN: RVD's failed comeback in 2013

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
I was reading the Alberto Del Rio thread and it made me remember just how meaningless Rob Van Dam's return in 2013 ended up being.

His comeback was announced ahead of time, hyped up like crazy, he returns at Money in the Bank and gets a huge pop. You think that with all the effort they put into building the anticipation for his comeback, and giving him a high-profile spot from the jump (the main event to determine who gets a guaranteed WWE Championship match whenever they want), he would be a major player for the rest of the year?

Nope. They do almost nothing with him. I know he feuded with ADR for the World Heavyweight Championship, but that was a non-factor. He was there for probably a year and he was treated like enhancement talent. That's not to say he should have been WWE Champion or anything, but the company made his return a huge deal in the beginning, and he didn't do anything important. No memorable feuds, no classic matches, no hot segments. One of the very few things I remember from his return was Seth Rollins telling him that he would take him more seriously if it was still 2005. :russ:

I don't know. Was it just bad timing? Did they make RVD believe he was going to be more important? And how was TNA able to give him better booking? :mjlol:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
What I mostly remember about this run was him being far more washed than he actually is now. He was looking terribly slow and sloppy. I remember Cesaro struggling to try to do a Neutralizer on him, but his gut was in the way, so he just did a powerbomb instead lmao

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
What I mostly remember about this run was him being far more washed than he actually is now. He was looking terribly slow and sloppy. I remember Cesaro struggling to try to do a Neutralizer on him, but his gut was in the way, so he just did a powerbomb instead lmao
You gotta show receipts.:pachaha:

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Mid-00s to mid 10s was a dark time for WWE.:hhh:

Thank God for the women otherwise I wouldn't even watch.:wow:

2013 was actually a good year but the period as a whole was basura.

The New Age Outlaws held the tag titles for two months in 2014 :skip:

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
I thought u didnt watch at all :mjpls:
I do "watch" but I'll skim through RAW in about 2 minutes or less.

I don't even know their names if they started in the past 5 years or so. :scust:

How can I watch a match and they're not even bothering to tell a story. One CAC pissed me off so much that I had to Google who he is with his shytty flippy floppy fakkit crap -- Ricoshyt.:scust:

WWE's not fun to watch anymore.:picard:

The Great One

Swag Surfin
Daps
I was reading the Alberto Del Rio thread and it made me remember just how meaningless Rob Van Dam's return in 2013 ended up being.

His comeback was announced ahead of time, hyped up like crazy, he returns at Money in the Bank and gets a huge pop. You think that with all the effort they put into building the anticipation for his comeback, and giving him a high-profile spot from the jump (the main event to determine who gets a guaranteed WWE Championship match whenever they want), he would be a major player for the rest of the year?

Nope. They do almost nothing with him. I know he feuded with ADR for the World Heavyweight Championship, but that was a non-factor. He was there for probably a year and he was treated like enhancement talent. That's not to say he should have been WWE Champion or anything, but the company made his return a huge deal in the beginning, and he didn't do anything important. No memorable feuds, no classic matches, no hot segments. One of the very few things I remember from his return was Seth Rollins telling him that he would take him more seriously if it was still 2005. :russ:

I don't know. Was it just bad timing? Did they make RVD believe he was going to be more important? And how was TNA able to give him better booking? :mjlol:
Worst fukking thread ever.

He called out Seth in that promo about how much Seth looked up to him, and then made fun of how he almost broke Triple H's voice box and then laughed.

He had an amazing match with Neville in NXT, look it up.

He had an amazing match with Jericho on RAW where they have it like 30 mins to go out there and they killed it.

Del Rio feud sucked because Del Rio is garbage.

In conclusion, take this neg and shove it up your ass.