Spin: Story behind the Hakeem vs. Shaq One on One?

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Hakeem prolly wins because at the point he was arguably the best player in the League. Shaq was no push over tho. It'd be a very close game.

3 peat Shaq on the other hand..would murder Hakeem.

HoopLife

Superstar
Daps
I'll just leave this here

Shaquille-ONeal-and-Michael-Jordan-Play-One-on-One-at-All-Star-Game-Shootaround.gif
Travel

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Also from the Finals stats Hakeem FG% was 10% less than Shaq's.

You don't want to give Shaq that many chances in a 1v1. Shaq also blocked Hakeem more I believe.

6'9 230 (Olajuwon admitted to lying about his height and weight) vs 7'1 320 for a full game is brutal.

Last edited:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
What does Shaq against the world means, especially after the fact that you posted that him and Hakeem canceled each other out.... your not being clear and concise about what you post
I have no idea what Shaq against the workd means....I just know that Shaq and Hakeem were a push in that series.

I was a HUGE Hakeem stan since the Akeem days and my pops made my entire family see him smack Ewing around in the Garden in 88’. I just think guarding a mobole athlete almost 100 poiubds more than you would wear Hakeem down.

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/LWO/NYY/NYR/ALA
Dream vs. Diesel: The 1995 NBA Finals + the pay per view event that never happened

The article quoted Robert Horry saying Dream wanted more money for the event, others around the Internet say David Stern/NBA prob had something to do with the event getting nixed. The culture needed this :wow:

We all would’ve watched it (plus the bootleg cable and hacked DirecTV cards were popping around then heavy)

Edit: the undercard was Nick Van Exel vs Kenny Anderson and Joe Smith ve Kevin Garnett

Last edited:

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
Hakeem had moves in the post built for one on one.

We missed this and the west coast east coast pay per view battle

Mike_Pipeson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
HTX
So :deadrose:at nikka nerds who weren't old enough to watch the finals bringing up fg% stats and shyt.

11 yrs old me was glued to the finals and like many said, at that time, Hakeem was waaaay better equipped to take on that young Shaq. No it wouldn't have been close then

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Hakeem's game was far better suited for a one and one setting, just a far superior face up player...better handles and shooting range, faster...what y'all think Shaq is just backing dream up from the top of the key over and over again :mjlol:...this ain't an actual game where Shaq gets to walk right up under the basket and call for the ball
This

/Close thread