SPIN: We Need To Discuss REAL Crises In The United States (Clinton Vs Trump Debate Was HORRIBLE)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Listen, I only watched last night because my mother begged me. So, I did it as a favor to her. That debate was trash:snoop: We HAVE to discuss real issues. Climate change wasn't discussed (yeah a reference, but NOT in detail). Also, NOT ONE statement on the DAPL or income inequality. I'm telling you we all have to put work in the street :francis: Hell, Clinton's fukked up deal with the Haitians wasn't discussed.

How about Childhood poverty? NOPE.
Child Poverty
About 15 million children in the United States – 21% of all children – live in families with incomes below the federal poverty threshold, a measurement that has been shown to underestimate the needs of families. Research shows that, on average, families need an income of about twice that level to cover basic expenses. Using this standard, 44% of children live in low-income families.

Most of these children have parents who work, but low wages and unstable employment leave their families struggling to make ends meet. Poverty can impede children’s ability to learn and contribute to social, emotional, and behavioral problems. Poverty also can contribute to poorhealth and mental health. Risks are greatest for children who experience poverty when they areyoung and/or experience deep and persistent poverty.

Research is clear that poverty is the single greatest threat to children’s well-being. But effective public policies – to make work pay for low-income parents and to provide high-quality early care and learning experiences for their children – can make a difference. Investments in the most vulnerable children are also critical.

Recent Publications
NCCP | Child Poverty

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Racial injustices were discussed, but it could've been in more detail. You also have to touch on income inquality and classism amongst people of color.