Spin: When did you finally realize that Jay Z's discography is borderline trash?

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Let me preface this by saying that Jay is an incredible MC and definitely one of my favorites of all time.

But let's be real: argument can be made that he has made the most dud ass albums out of any of the all-time greats. He has at least 4 trash ass albums (Blueprint 2 and 3, Kingdom Come and MCHG) and several underwhelming albums. And he had the gall to say Nas is batting a 1 hot album every 10 year average? :russ:

Speak on it @wingstop :sas2:

Last edited:

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Hov's worst, is among the best rap music ever recorded

tumblr_inline_nwr5hvS6Be1qdozhv_500.gif

Billy Ocean

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
man, I like Jay a lot.

Tried to play The Dynasty album a few days ago. No replay value whatsoever. 1900-Hustla is the best song on it.

Like I said, Deez...Jay has waaay more average and straight up wack albums then any other dope, Top 10 ever rapper ever. I used to be a fan of The Dynasty album when I was younger, but I don't revisit it at all nowadays because it's the definition of meh.

And yea, I agree...1-900 Hustler :lawd:

Last edited:

Carr

All Star
Verified
Daps
Reppin
Carol City
Black Album
Reasonable Doubt
Vol. 1
Vol. 2
Vol. 3
American Gangster
Kingdom Come
Blueprint
Blueprint 3

Blueprint 2 is even debatable as classic.

people only says he has duds when talking about his classics....thats the problem with being great...the population wont let you be human.

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
Around the the time Kingdom Come came out. I looked at his catalogue and surmised that aside from RD, Volume 1, Blueprint, and Black album...the majority of his catalogue is pretty disposable.

Hov's worst, is among the best rap music ever recorded

And continuous forced narratives like this by his supporters (and ones such as RD being revised into an all time great classic years later, and him routinely throwing his name into Big, Pac, and Nas arena) lead to his music being over-valued.

There's a reoccurring discussion about industry plants in today's game but in my eyes Jay is the first rapper I've seen "forced" into GOAT status by his own revisionist history and his diehard supporters.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Around the the time Kingdom Come came out. I looked at his catalogue and surmised that aside from RD, Volume 1, Blueprint, and Black album...the majority of his catalogue is pretty disposable.

And continuous forced narratives like this by his supporters (and ones such as RD being revised into an all time great classic years later, and him routinely throwing his name into Big, Pac, and Nas arena) lead to his music being over-valued.

There's a reoccurring discussion about industry plants in today's game but in my eyes Jay is the first rapper I've seen "forced" into GOAT status by his own revisionist history and his diehard supporters.
Kingdom Come has great songs

This is what I don't understand

You can debate the flow of the album, but the songs themselves? GREAT