Spinoff: Essential Skyrim mods/cheats/tweaks (PC only)

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Sorry to shyt on my console brehs, but it's aggravating to start talking about Skyrim & finding out that the person you're talking to isn't on PC. I encourage anybody who is playing Skyrim on console to give it a try on PC at least once. I know the special edition has a few mods that are porting over, but the vast majority won't.

Here are my essentials for any Skyrim game, regardless of your character or OC specifications.

Note: You should be using Mod Organizer to work with mods. Nexus Mod Manager is pure basura.

_____

Random Alternate Start: Instead of starting at Helgen, you get thrown in the middle of one of nearly 500 random locations. You get to choose from 20 different pre-made characters (Assassin, Mage, Nightblade, etc.) or you can start with nothing at all. Note: this mod is only needed if you're starting a new game.

Frostfall: This changes the weather. No more swimming in Windhelm waters w/no consequences. You get cold, you get wet, you get frostbite, and so on. This mod can be crucial w/RAS b/c you can easily start in places where you're in icy water or a snow-filled place & die almost immediately. (If that happens, your game starts again in a new location as long as you didn't save beforehand.)

Achieve That: It's like Steam accomplishments, only you get power-ups for stuff you're already doing anyway. I like to save all my points until I get 150 so I can buy a Daedric set of armor.

iHud: I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how anyone plays with that godforsaken crosshair, sneak alert, etc. This helps to get rid of the things you don't need on your screen. For example, my stamina is basically infinite, so I don't need that green bar on the bottom right of my screen. Or since I rarely use the compass, I can fix it to where it doesn't pop up on my screen unless I hit a particular button (X in my case). If you ever see a bunch of screencaps where there's no compass, bars, etc., that player is probably using this mod.

Circlets and Hoods: I think it's stupid that you have to either wear a circlet or a hood. This mod lets you do both.

Left Hand Rings: Self-explanatory. There's also a mod that lets you wear rings on all your fingers, but I think it's silly-looking.

Lockpick Pro: Shows you exactly where the sweet spot is for lockpicking & lets you open any lock, even master locks. Levels up your lockpicking pretty quickly so you don't have to waste perk points on this skills (which should have been a part of the sneak tree anyway). With this, you'll never need to carry more than one lockpick.

Quick Loot
: This lets you see what's in a treasure chest or container w/o having to open it. Based on the Fallout menu interface.

Autoharvest 2
: loots bodies w/o having to select them. For example, I can set it to harvest all ingredients, and it'll just pick all the ingredients you walk by. Same w/virtually anything. This is good for smithing perks b/c you can autoharvest ore veins, which boosts your smithing (b/c it's considered mining).

____

Also, there are some mods that alter skills that you don't need, such as rings for increasing your weight, pockets/bandoliers, and so on. To me, these are just a waste of a mod slot. If you want to get rid of the stamina limitation so you can run indefinitely, hit the tilde button and type the following:
player.modav stamina (huge number here)

Same thing w/weight limitations:
player.modav carryweight (huge number here)

Same thing w/health limitations:
player.modav health (huge number here)

Same thing w/magic limitations:
player:modav magicka (huge number here)

_____

Anyway, I'm interested in knowing what kind of mods you all use. I'll use a different thread to post my preferred mods that don't have anything to do with a new game but are just my personal preferences.

Also, I want to know if anybody merges their mods w/Merge Plugins, which I think is a godsend (but can fukk up your game something awful). Skyrim only allows you to have 255 mods, but merging them makes for a lot of space. It's not unusual to be playing w/400+ mods. I currently have 38 mods combined into just three slots. I know @VictorVonPoon said he has 174 (and counting), and mine's closer to 300.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Are yall fukking with Bruma

Its :wow::ohhh: at how good the modders are and how they give these games years of replay.. This is why I prefer skyrim over Witcher:yeshrug: You can really role play in these games as apposed to playing someone elses story