SPLIT Official Thread (Shamalamadingdong is back!)

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Bought the Blu-ray last week on a whim because I remember this being a movie I wanted to see last year and damn. Glad I did. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Just wish I had seen unbreakable before because the ending didn’t give me that shock like it would if I had.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
just watched this last night it was solid.

I need to go back and watch unbreakable never saw it before
Unbreakable was a classic off first watch back in the 90s. I don’t know how it holds up today. Might have aged poorly

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Bought the trilogy on blue ray. Still ain't seen glass

Somebody

All Star
Daps
Did anyone notice that the security guard who dropped the ball and all the cops were black? IMO it was a not so subtle way to say They drop the ball in authority positions. Scust at M night.

I’m still going to see the third installment of this series when it drops.:yeshrug:

And my God I forgot Jessica Sula had ass like that.:wow:

couldn’t find anything to watch, so I fell back on a name that was both overrated and underrated in my youth. I attempted after earth, but jaden was movin like a massive phaggot, and I couldn’t make it thru the first few minutes.

Boy did this nikka m night fall off a cliff. The philosophical/metaphysical premise was heavy as expected. The reference to the shining was off the charts for me. Highlight of the film, which brings me to the reason for the quote.

After watching the shining analysis by rob ager, I see how much Hollywood purposefully makes it about race.

The protagonist and deuteragonist are both white passing black ppl unable to adjust to society due to trauma.

The black family has been compromised due to past trauma and it’s deftly explored by Hollywood.

Making the two girls bytchy to justify their fate was whyl corny, but somewhat understandable. The idea was there, but execution predictable.

Basically, he gave the creators of birdbox a style to run with, then fell off.

might have to watch glass and unbreakable if I can’t find anything else like coherence or triangle.

Daps
Just watched for the first time, can’t believe people went crazy for that shoehorned tie-in ending.

“This is just like that guy 15 years ago!”

:skip: