Spotify now has NEW audiobooks for free in Premium

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I have an Audible account. This may make me cancel it if it's good value!

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
I have several unread books on my shelf. This morning I almost played a few of the books, but backed out. Does anyone feel that listening instead of reading will dumb you down or make you lazy?
I always thought that was a dumb viewpoint, you use the same part of your brain regardless of listening or reading

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I have an Audible account. This may make me cancel it if it's good value!

It's not. It's nice though

Tossed audible in the bushes

Why lol. This is only 15 hours a month.

And why the fukk don't y'all have libby? It's damn near unlimited (like 30 books at time) including ebooks and magazines. Syncs to kindle and goodreads.

It takes seconds to get a library card and it's all free.

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Did some research. In the profile click on "Your Plan". Then the 1st option says "15 hours of a month of listening...". Click on that. If you don't see this, then they stealing from you. Because it's in all plans except student plans.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
And why the fukk don't y'all have libby? It's damn near unlimited (like 30 books at time) including ebooks and magazines. Syncs to kindle and goodreads.

It takes seconds to get a library card and it's all free.
bro libby doesn't have damn near new releases on there. spotify has audiobooks that just came out this fall for free. it tells you how long each book is too so there's no reason to pick one over 15hrs. about two books a month for no extra charge is pretty nice. probably won't last long.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
bro libby doesn't have damn near new releases on there. spotify has audiobooks that just came out this fall for free. it tells you how long each book is too so there's no reason to pick one over 15hrs. about two books a month for no extra charge is pretty nice. probably won't last long.

That's wholly dependent on your library. Mine absolutely gets new releases and tons of copies. For instance, I just checked and my library has the Britney Spears audio book that came out on October 23rd, Alex Cross Must Die that just came out Monday.

Not saying it's a bad feature or addon, but it's limiting. Though handy if the library is out of copies and your book is under 15 hours.

Libby/my library literally has a whole category called new releases that have books that came out this week or all of November. Idk any library that just stocks old books not past this fall

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
That's wholly dependent on your library. Mine absolutely gets new releases and tons of copies. For instance, I just checked and my library has the Britney Spears audio book that came out on October 23rd, Alex Cross Must Die that just came out Monday.

Not saying it's a bad feature or addon, but it's limiting. Though handy if the library is out of copies and your book is under 15 hours.

Libby/my library literally has a whole category called new releases that have books that came out this week or all of November. Idk any library that just stocks old books not past this fall
that's what i mean, even the new releases for next month and 2024 are on waitlist. the britney book is sold out on mine. i just based it off of what's on my list but now taking a look everything is looking like a waitlist, but older books from this year are available. but i agree for a free service its definitely worth having.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
that's what i mean, even the new releases for next month and 2024 are on waitlist. the britney book is sold out on mine. i just based it off of what's on my list but now taking a look everything is looking like a waitlist, but older books from this year are available. but i agree for a free service its definitely worth having.

Ah, yeah, gotta be quick. nikkas be waiting for book drops like Jordans it seems lmao

But facts, can't go wrong with both and then an audible trial or cheap code on black Friday to grab whatever books you want to keep

perfectblack999

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have several unread books on my shelf. This morning I almost played a few of the books, but backed out. Does anyone feel that listening instead of reading will dumb you down or make you lazy?

I used to think like this but then I had kids. Audiobooks are the only thing that can get me to read anything longer than an article now. And ive been running through books I always wanted to read easily. I’m a fan now.

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Working on Black Thought book this month. Then Van Latham book. Both are short. Finished Yvonne Orji book last cycle.