Star Wars fans; Why is the technology in the Prequels better???

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
It's not, how do people get that impression? Those Naboo fighters were shyt. A shytty drone army and slow ass weak tanks. Those dainty ass yellow chromed out jets. The whole point was they hadn't been in real wars for so long their tech was more pretty than good.

And those proto-death stars? :mjlol:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
It's not...what make you think that?

In the prequels though you had an army backed by a Galactic Senate and an army backed by very rich planets, so the equipment on both sides was very well funded. In the original trilogy the Empire's army was well funded against a band of rebels who were using older equipment from the clone wars and basically slapping duct tape on the new ships and equipment they did have. It was a rag tag group of spies and guerrilla fighters who used whatever they could get their hands on.

Razor Reader

Formerly -----
Daps
Reppin
Game, Prosperity and Good Fortune
It's not...what make you think that?

In the prequels though you had an army backed by a Galactic Senate and an army backed by very rich planets, so the equipment on both sides was very well funded. In the original trilogy the Empire's army was well funded against a band of rebels who were using older equipment from the clone wars and basically slapping duct tape on the new ships and equipment they did have. It was a rag tag group of spies and guerrilla fighters who used whatever they could get their hands on.

I would agree with you there but it's obvious that the Tie Fighter is not as advanced as the X-Wing Fighter.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I would agree with you there but it's obvious that the Tie Fighter is not as advanced as the X-Wing Fighter.
Its not. But the Empire's mantra was strength in numbers. TIEs didnt need shields or hyper drive because they could just overwhelm you with sheer numbers. X-Wings had to be advanced to combat that. Not to mention certain TIE variants (although not many of them) were definitely on par with X-Wings.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka

The Xwing was a stolen imperial design. It was already old by ep. 4. One of the things that annoyed me about TFA was the Awing was the newer, better replacement in ep.6 but they used Xwings because they were more iconic (and all they wanted to really do was rip off the Star Wars look).

TIE fighters were cheap mass produced supplements because the Empire didn’t want to use a stolen design until the Interceptor came out.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
The Xwing was a stolen imperial design. It was already old by ep. 4. One of the things that annoyed me about TFA was the Awing was the newer, better replacement in ep.6 but they used Xwings because they were more iconic (and all they wanted to really do was rip off the Star Wars look).

TIE fighters were cheap mass produced supplements because the Empire didn’t want to use a stolen design until the Interceptor came out.

A-Wings had the speed but not the firepower, and they definitely weren't a replacement