Star Wars prequels aren't great but are they still classics?

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Having a large impact on pop culture doesn't they're classics. I say no. I'm willing to hear what the rest of the Star Wars coalition thinks, though. @Darth Hater @Darth Humanist
It's tough. Because star wars fans are a huge majority in the world, America for sure. And pretty much every Star Wars fan knows them almost like the back of their hand. If they are classics, it could.be for all the wrong reasons like a classic be movie. But they're definitely never going anywhere and vital to the story. I got idea from somebody who said TDKR is a classic because of begins and tdk. But I think the prequels have more power than tdkr

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Snooze fest. Nothing in those movies made sense.

Anakin killing those kids didn't make sense either.

The original concept for Indy 4 was even worse than the actual movie. Think about that.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Diss the prequels all u want but the fight scenes in those 3 films are better than anything in any Star Wars films outside of those 3
Action in those 3 movies are way better than the last 3 star wars films doe.

The score and sound in general was great for all 3, and they had exceptional fight choreography. That’s it really as it relates to what they had going for them sadly. The dialogue was horrendous in all 3 of them. Characters frequently acted in manners that were contradictory to the sort of character they should have been (Obi-Wan should have been reckless and prone to bad judgement while Anakin was wide eyed and eager to prove himself as opposed to being so cautious and bratty as the two of them were and Amidala should have been the one to put the moves on him instead of him having the hots for her first).

Phantom menace never even really established a central character or central villain or motivations for anything happening in the film. Clones had maybe the WOAT romance story in film history and frequently references characters that have not been introduced without fleshing them out or exploring any further, and we once again hardly get any sort of motive for the antagonists of the film. It relied way too heavy on imagery that reminds you of the old films and overuse of the lightsaber. Yoda fighting isn’t practical since he’s so small and contradicts what he is as a character. Revenge of the sith had incredibly lazy camera work, and still failed to explore even in the slightest what the war was about at all. None of these films made anakin even remotely likable either. Clones and sith also relied way too heavy on green screen. Everything looked way too crisp and clean, and the cgi aged badly so now it looks terribly dated. The charm of practical effects and set pieces, as well as filming on location adds a great deal to these type of films and it’s absence was noticeable in the prequels.

All that being said, once again I loved the score, and the fight choreography for phantom menace and revenge of the sith were phenomenal, with the sound and visuals for the fight in sith maybe being my favorite sights and sound of any duel in the films. It’s just a shame George told such an incoherent story with so few interesting characters. The only one that I felt was both well written and well acted who progressed in a manner that made sense was Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine. All in all, the best way to learn all their problems is the Mr. Plinkett reviews.

Phantom menace:
Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace review - YouTube

Attack of the clones:
Star Wars: Episode 2 Attack of the Clones Review - YouTube

Revenge of the sith:
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith Review - YouTube

Last edited:

bnm8907

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To me Maul could/ should have been a goat level villain. The way he died got finished in the movies was a let down. But that's kinda how alot star wars villians die. First time I saw him i was :merchant:. Thought to myself "that's what sith looks like". Didn't really talk much just str8:demonic:. Dual Blade lightsaber with one of the greatest lightsaber battles ever:wow:. Then that flip slice in half move by obi to end him :martin:

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
Nah nah.... we not gonna let the new movie hate start to revise history. Them shyts was traaaaash. Revenge of the Sith was the best one but even that got weighed down by a horrible script.

I let my rose colored glasses blind me to how much of a snore Episode I was. I saw that as a kid and thought that was hype... I rewatched it recently and fell asleep about 45 minutes in. Episode II is the universally agreed upon trash bin and I don't even know if I want to revisit that.

If anyone has the prequel trilogy fan edits slide me a link, I'll be willing to watch those.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
To me Maul could/ should have been a goat level villain. The way he died got finished in the movies was a let down. But that's kinda how alot star wars villians die. First time I saw him i was :merchant:. Thought to myself "that's what sith looks like". Didn't really talk much just str8:demonic:. Dual Blade lightsaber with one of the greatest lightsaber battles ever:wow:. Then that flip slice in half move by obi to end him :martin:
On the note of maul, he really should have been operating at the forefront in the film as it’s main villain and attacked each Jedi solo in the film, which would’ve made the reveal of his doubles ended saber a bit more of a surprise. Nothing major of a change, but certainly would’ve popped the crowd a bit.

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
Nah nah.... we not gonna let the new movie hate start to revise history. Them shyts was traaaaash. Revenge of the Sith was the best one but even that got weighed down by a horrible script.

I let my rose colored glasses blind me to how much of a snore Episode I was. I saw that as a kid and thought that was hype... I rewatched it recently and fell asleep about 45 minutes in. Episode II is the universally agreed upon trash bin and I don't even know if I want to revisit that.

If anyone has the prequel trilogy fan edits slide me a link, I'll be willing to watch those.
I just said the action was better:hubie:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Hell yes they are. They could rerelease any of them today and the theaters would be packed. The haters are going to keep shytting on them, but they’re also the same people who go out and buy all the merchandise while they’re talking it too :mjlol:

Together they’re another epic adventure even with the flaws. As good as the originals? No, but aspects were better.

The Prequels revived the franchise too. Disney SW is going to destroy it.