Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's funny because I think the marketing has shown what we thought it would. The ad where lypita says "who are you" and daisy says "I am no one" dead giveaway she's someone important. We see her walking through a desert in search of something dead giveaway she's going to have a journey. Every shot she's in with Finn either leading him or in command in some form. When Luke is heard saying "the force runs strong in my family, my dad has it, sis has it I have it and you have it too" we see a white hand extending a weapon to another white hand. Lastly we know her last name whilst we just know Finn by finn. I don't see any smoke and mirrors in the marketing ppl have been saying boyega was the lead before the 1st trailer and haven't let go of that theory against better judgement
It's called deceptive marketing and it's in done all the time :russell:

Seeing how Star Wars is a male heavy franchise and they wanted the main character to be a female, they were probably worried, so wrote in a male character that could be part of the story and be marketed as the main action hero/character when it's really the female character.

This is similar to what happen with Mad Max.

The big reveal will be Daisy turning out be a Jedi/force user and saving Finn from death :snooze:

Probably meant to be done with a white actor but Boyega got cast instead.
Finn is ONE of the leads whether he's the "chosen" one or not . A young black male Jedi as one of the leads is big brehs stop trying to act like he's actually a Jar Jar binks style character . Oscar Isaac is one of the leads and gets zero promotion yet you guys are stressed because Finn is being positioned as a big deal . At this point you should just stay out the thread till the reviews start coming in and apologize or gloat if your wrong. Your derailing a thread with your repetitive nonsense which is completely against all the marketing

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Except in that Trailer Finn looks overmatched and scared out of his mind as Kylo Ren approaches him and most of the recent trailers have centered around Rey's character. From most people I've talked to no one knows who the force sensitive characters actually are. Maybe to the casual audience they would make the base level associations of blue lightsaber = must be luke/jedi, but in the trailer it looked like he didn't even know what to do with the saber. I won't be surprised if Rey is force sensitive and Finn isn't but I'm not sure they're trying to market Finn as a jedi and the new luke

finn-banner-poster-motion-star-wars-161785.jpg

Them dualities :sas1: or are they :mjpls:

A poster like that after they established him as a defective stormtrooper?, come on :sas2:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Finn is ONE of the leads whether he's the "chosen" one or not . A young black male Jedi as one of the leads is big brehs stop trying to act like he's actually a Jar Jar binks style character . Oscar Isaac is one of the leads and gets zero promotion yet you guys are stressed because Finn is being positioned as a big deal . At this point you should just stay out the thread till the reviews start coming in and apologize or gloat if your wrong. Your derailing a thread with your repetitive nonsense which is completely against all the marketing
Well damn........why'd you quote me breh :bryan:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
finn-banner-poster-motion-star-wars-161785.jpg

Them dualities :sas1: or are they :mjpls:

A poster like that after they established him as a defective stormtrooper?, come on :sas2:
I forgot about that poster, you do got a point there. What if him and rey are both force sensitive tho? I'm gonna honestly be a lil disappointed if finn isn't a jedi

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Didn't Luke make a new lightsaber that was green?
Yes.

The blue one is the one he lost at the end of Empire (Where Vader cut his hand off). It's also the lightsaber that was given to him by Obi-Wan in ANH, which of course originally belonged to his father Anakin.

I forgot about that poster, you do got a point there. What if him and rey are both force sensitive tho? I'm gonna honestly be a lil disappointed if finn isn't a jedi

We'll be lucky if Finn ends up being a janitor at this rate....:lolbron:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Except in that Trailer Finn looks overmatched and scared out of his mind as Kylo Ren approaches him and most of the recent trailers have centered around Rey's character. From most people I've talked to no one knows who the force sensitive characters actually are. Maybe to the casual audience they would make the base level associations of blue lightsaber = must be luke/jedi, but in the trailer it looked like he didn't even know what to do with the saber. I won't be surprised if Rey is force sensitive and Finn isn't but I'm not sure they're trying to market Finn as a jedi and the new luke
Stop it . Your clearly reaching to fit your point . The casual audience associates light sabers with Jedi and Finn has been the one shown standing up to Kylo , even Rey looks overmatched standing up to Kylo.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Didn't Luke make a new lightsaber that was green?

Yes, he lost the blue saber in "Empire" when Vader cut his hand off in Cloud City. (They will have to explain that in the movie how they find it after all these years). The Finn/Rey debate doesn't make sense to me. All the posters and trailers show Rey AND Finn as clearly the main new characters. Why are people acting like only one of them "HAS" to be a hero. If you watch the Saga you know there are always 2 or 3 heroes in the team. Yes Luke was the "Main" hero but Han and Leia were heroes on their own right. Obi, Anakin and Qui-Gon where heroes. Rey has been in just as much marketing as Finn has. We don't even know if they will be love interest as well. As for Luke's Green Saber, here's a deleted scene from "Return of the Jedi" where he builds it:

Last edited:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope all of you saying Finn won't be an important character and/or force sensitive are willing to apologize when VIII comes out and completely contradicts that :heh:
That would be completey ridiculous if he isn't a main character at this point . That would be the most misleading marketing ever

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
I hope all of you saying Finn won't be an important character and/or force sensitive are willing to apologize when VIII comes out and completely contradicts that :heh:
being an important character and "the main" character (which everyone here is saying) are 2 different things. Leia was an important character but I don't think anyone would be stupid to say she was "the main" character. She was 3rd on the pecking order overall just like Finn will be #2-3 at best not #1

CHL

Superstar
Daps
being an important character and "the main" character (which everyone here is saying) are 2 different things. Leia was an important character but I don't think anyone would be stupid to say she was "the main" character. She was 3rd on the pecking order overall
Leia was a lead character. Finn will be a lead character. Whether he is "the main" character is irrelevant.

And no that's not what some people are saying. They are saying he is going to be some bumbling Jar Jar character who has to be saved by Rey and is constantly incompetent, which is ridiculous.

Last edited: