Start-Bench-Cut(DPOY edition):Draymond, Rodman, and Ben Wallace

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL

man’s before y’all start disrespecting Big Ben let it be know he’s one of only two players to have 4 DPOY so put some respect on his name. He played in the last great era for Big Men.

He wasn’t jsut guarding Jamal Magloire, Kelvin Cato, and Matt Geiger

2nd Edit because I see where this is goin: Rodman played next to other great perimeter defenders and dint win any of his DPOY in his prime :martin:

Last edited:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You named one center and that one center demolished Ben. You named a bunch of others who were power forwards with outside games that were not really Ben's strength as a defender.
Bigs ain’t just center. And all of them had a back to the basket game or played in the high post. They weren’t camped out in the perimter

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps
Bigs ain’t just center. And all of them had a back to the basket game or played in the high post. They weren’t camped out in the perimter

I don't remember Ben guarding those dudes. He cheated off other centers to enforce the paint because he was fast, but he was undersized for a true center, but not nimble enough to be a perimeter defender.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't remember Ben guarding those dudes. He cheated off other centers to enforce the paint because he was fast, but he was undersized for a true center, but not nimble enough to be a perimeter defender.
You talking about cheating off defenders when Wallace played before and after zone defense were legal.