Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
Create and pitch your ideas...
Startup Weekend Binational EPIC!

Startup Weekend Binational EPIC! Weekend 1 (San Diego)
Startup Weekend Binational EPIC is the first ever double weekend, cross-border startup weekend. Get ready to start with:

Weekend 1 in San Diego (1/20 & 1/21).This is when we'll pitch ideas, form teams and start the customer validation process. From there, we'll take a week in between to work with our teams virtually before gearing on for....

Weekend 2 in Tijuana (1/27 & 1/28).We'll begin our time in Tijuana with a brief reintroduction of teams and let you get back to work in person. The weekend will end with traditional pitches for judges and we'll wrap up from there.

Are you ready to dive into Startup Weekend Binational EPIC? We're looking forward to seeing you there!

Some Questions You May Have:
What Does Startup Weekend BiNational Mean?
What makes startup Weekend Binational different is our focus on creating binational teams and collaborating across the border. This startup weekend runs over 2 weekends (January 20th-21st & January 27th & 28th) and teams will be comprised of participants from both San Diego and Tijuana.

What do you mean 2 weekends?
You heard that right! Startup Weekend Binational will span 2 weekends - January 20th & 21st (San Diego) & January 27th & 28th (Tijuana). The first weekend will start in San Diego. We’ll have a week break… or virtual working time in-between and the “weekend” will close the second week in Tijuana.

What do I need to Travel?
IMPORTANT as this is an international event, you will need a valid passport and visa (if necessary) to travel across the border. Please note we are unable to refund tickets after the event starts if you are unable to travel for the second weekend. We will not be able to facilitate travel across the border as you must follow the protocol for international travel.

Do I need 2 tickets?No, you only need to buy one ticket from the city you reside in. California (and other US residents) will purchase weekend 1 passes and Mexico (and other South American residents) will purchase tickets for weekend 2. Non-US participants please purchase your tickets here. This distinction is for currency and transportation numbers purposes.

What should I bring?
Participants will be able to say overnight on TWO Friday evenings - January 20th (San Diego) & January 27th (Tijuana). We will have bathroom facilities available and you should bring the following items:
  • Sleeping Bag (limited rental options may be available please check email before event)
  • Pillows
  • Change of Clothes
  • Toiletries (Toothbrush, Soap, etc.)
  • Towels
  • Phone and Tablet Chargers

Will food be provided?
Yes, we will provide food for the event. However, if you have any special dietary requirements or food allergies you MUST need to notify the event organizers prior to the event to make accommodations.

Will Transportation be provided? We are working on providing busing from the border to respective venues*. *Offering subject to change

FAQs
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
If you have any questions feel free to contact binational@startupweekend.org and our org team will get back to you.

What's the refund policy?
No refunds can be made within the last 7 days of an event as payments have already been made to all suppliers and vendors.