"Stay On The Ropes and Shoulder Roll Into Every Punch Brehs" Berto v Porter SHOWTIME Fight Thread

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Andre Berto almost a year after obtaining redemption vs Ortiz, is finally back in the ring

Late last year Berto was on the verge of facing Danny Garcia for the WBC belt now held by Thurman

Negotiations ain't work out but Berto still in pursuit of reclaiming his first belt

Now faces the tough Shawn Porter who himself is looking for redemption

Porter almost a year after losing a FOTY vs Thurman is back in vs a former champion

Porter insisted his next fight be against a contender and he now faces Berto for a title shot at Thurman

Berto coming off his redemption, now finds himself in the way of Porter obtaining his

On the undercard is Jermell Charlo vs the hard hitting but chinny Charles Hatley

And the SHOWTIME debut of Luis Ortiz who will be fighting only a week before Joshua/:DeadKlit:

Winner of that fight gets the belt and a date vs Ortiz :whoo:

SHOWTIME Championship Boxing Presents: Harvest is Fruitful or Ends Brutal
910x350-Boxing-Berto-vs-Porter-9ac9484d12.jpg

Andre Berto 31(24KO) - 4(1KO) - 0
guerrero-bertobygerman19.jpg

VS

Shawn "Showtime" Porter 26(16KO) - 2(0) - 1 Draw
article-0-19F3153400000578-180_634x444.jpg

Plus

Jermell "Iron Man" Charlo 28(13KO) - 0 - 0
Charlo_Jackson_news_1.jpg

VS

Charles Hatley 26(18KO) - 1(1KO) - 1 Draw
mundine-hatley%20%2813%29.jpg

Plus

Luis "King Kong" Ortiz 27(23KO) - 0 - 0
n6q00BpmckiQ0.gif

VS

Derric "The Shaolin Fist" Rossy 31(15KO) - 12(5KO) - 0
bermane-stiverne-vs-derric-rossy-01-photo-by-naoki-fukuda-770x499.jpg

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Well since Berto is the much better boxer and is strong enough for the wrestling shyt, not afraid to let his hands go (Broner), and has the ability to knock him down like Broner, I will go ahead and put my money on Berto...

I will say I am biased against Porter though. Dudes style is trash to me..

Hopefully Berto doesn't come in on some bullshyt and prove me wrong.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Well since Berto is the much better boxer and is strong enough for the wrestling shyt, not afraid to let his hands go (Broner), and has the ability to knock him down like Broner, I will go ahead and put my money on Berto...

I will say I am biased against Porter though. Dudes style is trash to me..

Hopefully Berto doesn't come in on some bullshyt and prove me wrong.

At times I question if what Porter does can even be considered boxing. Its more akin to sumo wrestling at times.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
At times I question if what Porter does can even be considered boxing. Its more akin to sumo wrestling at times.
Sumo wrestling with wild punches...

He loses to anyone with above average boxing ability and power in regards to these higher level boxers.

Berto should have the strength and boxing ability to do what Broner couldn't do but Kell brook and Keith Thurman did.

Porters style makes fighters uncomfortable and fights look bad... He just mauls like a UFC nikka... Just smother his own punches and doesnt even care. If you let your hands go you can school him like Kell brook did

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Porter is much better than people give him credit for. I got him by UD

that is true..these days i lay off porter because i used to criticize him alot...he is effective with the shyt he does but it depends on the type of opponent..he is a guy that has fought up to SMW and he is strong as shyt..brook had the strength and size to keep him at bay and counter him at will...julio diaz in the first fight landed rights at will and also surprisingly won the battle on the inside with effective body punching .berto has never shown me any real ability to adjust (@LauderdaleBoss please correct me if im wrong about this) and in recent times his power is bailing him out...age, wars, and injuries have diminished alot of berto's athletic ability but he is more patient than he used to be..for berto to win he is going to have to box him...he does a have good jab when he decides to use it...a lot of sticking and moving to nullify porter's workrate and pray he lands that uppercut of his to make him think twice