stop spoiling movies!

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps

Cop Pulled Gun on Fellow Officer Who Threatened to Spoil ‘Top Gun: Maverick’; Jury Gives Him 100 Hours of Community Service and More​

By Zack Sharf

A police officer in Sydney, Australia has pleaded guilty to “carrying a firearm with disregard” for a colleague’s safety after he threatened to shoot another police officer who said he would reveal spoilers from Tom Cruise’s blockbuster sequel “Top Gun: Maverick,” the Australian Broadcasting Company reports. According to court documents, 30-year-old cop Dominic Gaynor took out his gun and pointed it “in the vicinity” of fellow officer Morgan Royston after Royston threatened to spoil the film. Royston had seen “Top Gun: Maverick” the day prior.

The court documents reveal that Royston told Gaynor, “I’ll spoil it for you.” Gaynor responded by telling Royston, “Don’t spoil the movie” and “I’ll shoot you.” He proceeded to take his glock out of his holster and “held it stationary for five seconds” while pointing it at Royston. Gaynor was allegedly laughing during the incident, and his “finger was on the receiver and not the trigger.” His lawyer described the incident as “a case where the skylarking and tomfoolery in an employment context has gone awry.”

The Australian Broadcasting Company reports that Royston revealed in court on Nov. 9 that he fell into a depression following the incident. He said that while it was common for police officers to “share jokes and tease each other,” this incident was on a different level and left him with an “overwhelming shock and fear” feeling.

“I have completely lost the trust I had and my admiration for the NSW Police Force,” he said. “When I see a police officer now, I feel compelled to watch them and check their hand is not on their firearm.”

Gaynor’s lawyer said his client made an awful mistake and that a conviction would “definitely see him removed from the police force.” The lawyer added, “This is going to cost him dearly.” Gaynor was given a community correction order for two years, 100 hours of community service and a recorded conviction.

“Top Gun: Maverick,” sequel to the 1986 movie “Top Gun,” opened in theaters in May 2022 and became a box office powerhouse with $1.4 billion in worldwide ticket sales. The movie ranks as the 11th highest-grossing movie in box office history (unadjusted for inflation). It earned six Academy Award nominations, including best picture.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Spoiler culture is a new thing, the local news spoiled the Surpanos ending the night it happened :heh:

I have to yet to watch the Surpanos but I knew how the series finale ended since 2008 :martin:

full

The "Surpanos." Featuring Antonia Surpano and his putescana of a wife Carmelita?​

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
its always been my opinion that in a show don't tell medium like movies. telling people what happened only spoils it if its a shyttymovie.
leaked footage is the only the only thing i consider spoilers. gotta see it to really experience it.
reason why i never feel spoiled when watching films based on books i already read.
watching a trailer spoils movie much more than anything

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I got spoiled on something the other day on Facebook by a page i don't even follow. fukkin bytch ass meta and their algorithm forcing shyt into you feed.:martin:

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
That movie is a year and a half old, how he talmbout spoilers? :dwillhuh:

Spoiler culture is a new thing, the local news spoiled the Surpanos ending the night it happened :heh:

I have to yet to watch the Surpanos but I knew how the series finale ended since 2008 :martin:

How the fukk you even do this? I know your spellcheck was fighting with all its might to not let that happen, like "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :damn:"

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
its always been my opinion that in a show don't tell medium like movies. telling people what happened only spoils it if its a shyttymovie.
leaked footage is the only the only thing i consider spoilers. gotta see it to really experience it.
reason why i never feel spoiled when watching films based on books i already read.
watching a trailer spoils movie much more than anything

It depends on whether or not the movie has a surprise ending or not. Conan fukkin O’Brien spoiled The Sixth Sense for me and it totally ruined my attempt to watch the movie. I was robbed of the :ohhh: moment that comes with watching it unspoiled.

It doesn’t matter for a movie like Top Gun because it’s formulaic. You can guess how it will end.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
It depends on whether or not the movie has a surprise ending or not. Conan fukkin O’Brien spoiled The Sixth Sense for me and it totally ruined my attempt to watch the movie. I was robbed of the :ohhh: moment that comes with watching it unspoiled.

It doesn’t matter for a movie like Top Gun because it’s formulaic. You can guess how it will end.
The sixth sense is a great example basically a trash movie only worth a single watch. no redeeming qualities once you know the plot.
Watched it only once.
Empire Strikes back had a twist as well but i've seen that movie countless times.
Knowing the plot only ruins bad gimmicky movies.

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
sh1t the previews spoil the movies

when the Flash was coming out they showed the whole movie, didn't leave any room for surprises in the movie

same thing with the Creed 3 preview, almost showed the whole movie to the point I knew Creed would win the fight in the end

Billie Jean

everything I did wrong...worked.
Daps
Reppin
Neverland
Spoilers deserve a special place in hell. Dirty ponks who steal joy from others.Fukk yall :scust:

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
That movie is a year and a half old, how he talmbout spoilers? :dwillhuh:

How the fukk you even do this? I know your spellcheck was fighting with all its might to not let that happen, like "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :damn:"
The spell check did not go off, anyway you know what show I was talking about :comeon: