Story Time with DrX vol 1: The Time I gave my family and Myself a home made tattoo's

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This probably like 4 years ago when I was trying to teach myself how to tattoo because cac's of course didn't want to give me a apprenticeship. Even tho my work was better than theirs, but then again that's why they didn't give it to me...well that combined with the fact that I'm a black man...one place rejected my 3 times lol...I looked at their site recently and they got some wench in there...I guess you're only valued if u can lick their a$$holes lol

I digress....I was working min wage and was looking for a way out and tattoos was popping at the time. This was the "turn up" era when everybody was inking their whole bodies up and tattooing was a gold mine. Even shytty artist were eating. everybody wanted a tattoo.

So me being the guy that I'am was like "I'm a artist" I really didn't want to tattoo but figured it could put bread in my pockets while I try to figure out my true passion(I just discovered that recently). I tried to do the legit way, and I knew off the rip that cac's wasn't going to fukk with me but I went around anyway...got nothing but "No's". No shock there. I ordered the basic equipment online and practiced a little on fruit and fake practice skin. Watched a shytty DVD with 2 meth heads that didn't know what the fukk they were doing.

I grew impatient and was like "fukk it". Once my family heard I was doing tattoos. Of course all of them wanted one. We were young and tattoos was POPPIN!!! during that time. They were a hot commodity. So of course they wanted one. Plus they know my skill level was solid. Even at that time my art was decent.

Gave my cousin the first one in my grandma kitchen. I didn't know what the fukk I was doing. I was super nervous man. I was nervous because I was trying to keep every thing clean, I didn't even know how to use the gun and the piece was complex. Breh took a drink before hand. You're not even supposed to drink before a tattoo lol. shyt was a mess. The stencil were off and I end up freehanding it and the ink wouldn't even stay in his skin so I had to go over some lines multiple times. Dude was in pain lol

He ended up getting another one later on so I guess It was good in his mind lol. But I don't have the time to detail them all. But I damn near inked up my whole family in their kitchens and living rooms.

I even gave a tattoo to my cousin friend in what I'm 90% sure was a gay brothel. I told that story in a thread. I'll make a thread about that one day lol. It deserve its own thread.

But When I tattooed my self. I did it in my bedroom. The first one I gave my self was on my left thigh. It reads "By any means necessary" Because at the time I told myself I would succeed in life by any means necessary and go whatever I had to. That one look faded, because the ink didn't settle all the away in my skin.

The second one was of a black pharaoh. Forgot which one. My dumbass just wanted some pro black shyt and the best thing i could think of was a pharaoh. Which isn't the worst thing but I wish I would've did something that meant something to me. But I just wanted to practice and that's the best I could think of. I wanted to start ASAP It came out decent too. its huge. It covers my whole right thigh.

It was sort of difficult because your have to stretch your skin, dip the right shade of ink and make sure the needle depth is correct. But whatever...you gotta do what u gotta do

The pain wasn't as bad as you would think. It hurts for about 10 mins and you get used to it. It took a long time tho. I put in a good 40 hours on that shyt lol. Now I probably knock it out super quick that I have a good understanding of the process when it comes to any artform. I'm happy my grind days are over. I've put in so many hours, creating is easy now. Its second nature. before it was a chore...had to force my myself to work lol. now I'm like future and gucci mane, just knocking them out.

Still might do tats in the future but it would have to be a situation where its exclusive and I create some innovative one of a kind pieces. Very artistic and poetic type pieces with meaning. I would do maybe a few a month in a private setting. No way I would work out of a street shop and sit in a chair everyday doing random stupid ideas on drunks and a$$holes lol naw....

Black Cobain

Donkey Punch? I Donkey Slap!
Daps
Reppin
New Afrika
A friend of mine almost gave me a nautical star tattoo in 10th grade, didn't go through with it :manny:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Pics of these awful tattoos? I had a homeboy who screwed up a lot of people's bodies while he got good at tattooing. I'm going to see if I can find some of his earlier/uglier work. shyt was awful. People's shyts were fading after a year.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
You sound like the type of guy that got turned down for more than just being "black"

And where the pics of these tattoos

Sovereign

Ancient One : The Pinnacle of Evolution.
Daps
Reppin
Armageddon
200.gif