Students sent home for wearing Haitian flag shirts on Haitian Flag Day

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Students sent home for wearing Haitian flag shirts on Haitian Flag Day

It was Haitian Flag Day on Wednesday and that's apparently a big deal to Haitians — so big the Haitian Consulate in Miami closed for the day to commemorate the occasion.

But some students at Immokalee High in Collier County ran afoul of that school district's Student Code of Conduct when the donned shirts with Haitian flags on them.

The code of conduct states students are prohibited from wearing or displaying all but four flags, none of them the Haitian flag.

At least half a dozen students who wore the Haitian flag shirts to school were told to go home and change. When some of them refused, they were sent home, according to a report in the Naples Daily News.

"As soon as we got off the bus, a teacher was like pointing at us," sophomore Jesola Pierre told NBC 2. "This is the day that we got our freedom. Why wouldn't I represent?"

This happened even though officials at Immokalee High, which has a significant number of Haitian students, have in the past looked the other way when the students celebrated Flag Day by wearing the Haitian Flag.

So what changed this year?

Apparently the students celebrating Flag Day have in the past taken their celebration beyond simply wearing articles of clothing.

"Last year we had 200 kids running down the hallways and blaring music," school district spokesman Greg Turchetta told the Daily News. "There are [advanced placement] exams going on at the school. Obviously, it's imperative that there are no disruptions on campus today."

"On Cinco de Mayo, they had all the tacos and we didn't say nothing. But when it came to Haitian Flag Day, they wanted to take away our fun," sophomore Casidy Previlus told NBC 2.

The Student Code of Conduct says wearing or displaying the United States flag, the POW-MIA flag, the State of Florida flag and official school flags is acceptable policy.

The policy also stipulates wearing national flags from various countries is also allowed "on special occasions." The discretion for allowing the nationalistic wardrobe by students is given to each school's principal.
This story was posted on reddit and look at some of the comments:

Students sent home for wearing Haitian flag shirts on Haitian Flag Day • /r/nottheonion

They have a celebration day ... so that means something good must have happened once in Haiti. I had no idea.

"If you want freedom, go back to Haiti!"

Waving the flag of a foreign nation inside the confines of the USA is treason

Haiti is hell on earth anyway. Not sure why anyone would want to advertise that that's where they're from.

The Haitian flag looks like they just copy-pasted a clip art picture of their national seal over their flag and didn't bother to remove the white space.

Good, make them follow the rules, will prepare them for life.

They're celebrating the 1804 genocide of the white people on Haiti. This is probably pretty frightening to the one or two white people on campus.

He's referring to this: 1804 Haiti massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Doesn't this idiot know that slavery in Haiti was much worse than in the US? As the French were very brutal against the slaves there.

Good. The Haitian Flag is a symbol of genocide.

Oh God...

Who else is willing to bet they were looking to start some shyt? This is miami, the media paints them as innocent people but there is an equal chance they were thugs.

Oh oh. It was only a matter of time before that word showed up.

GoldTeef

Sarranid Bleu
Daps
Reppin
Fooglies
"they're celebrating the 1804 genocide of the white people on Haiti."

white people annoy the fukk out of me with this:francis:

edit: if you want to know how your average cac feels about slavery check this out, you'll be pissed

O0xjtea.png

Last edited:

The American

Defending America against cacs
Daps
:snoop: cacs never stop with their bullshyt. Multiculturalism is what makes America. All Haitians should wear a Haitian flag shirt every day from now on. This isn't cacs' land, they have no right to tell anyone what flag to wear or wave.

KingSlime

All Star
Daps
Haiti still got these white supremacists in their feelings .
"We have a flag like all people
We must love it, die for it.
It was not a gift from the whites
It was our Ancestors blood that flooded.
Must we keep our flag high
We must work, we must be together
For other countries to respect Us.
This flag is the soul of the Haitian People."

L'Union Fait La Force brehs :blessed:

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I smile when I think of all those cacs Haitians slaughtered. Always will have a special respect for those particular Africans. If only we could witness the ass whopping those cacs took :wow:

Daps
"they're celebrating the 1804 genocide of the white people on Haiti."

white people annoy the fukk out of me with this:francis:

edit: if you want to know how your average cac feels about slavery check this out, you'll be pissed

O0xjtea.png

I remember arguing with some White guy online saying that the Haitians committed genocide against White people. I've never cringed so hard in my life.

Anyways the French had it coming to them. Enslaving innocent people for 400 years and think you can get away with it. I'm glad my ancestors slaughtered all the French. :blessed:

IWunD3r

Superstar
Daps
Haitians should wear there flags all next week just cause...

"Last year we had 200 kids running down the hallways and blaring music," school district spokesman Greg Turchetta told the Daily News. "There are [advanced placement] exams going on at the school. Obviously, it's imperative that there are no disruptions on campus today."
:stopitslime:The fukk that has to do with a tshirt?