Study Finds Nutella Might Cause Cancer (Oh Whoa :hubie:)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I never ate the shyt anyway
BxBuyNy.png

Ingredient in Nutella may cause cancer, study finds

Michelle Robertson Updated 4:57 pm, Wednesday, January 11, 2017

According to the EFSA, palm oil becomes potentially cancer-causing when it is processed at high temperatures (approx. 200°C).

When refining certain vegetable oils, the EFSA found that the following carcinogens formed: glycidyl fatty acid esters (GE), 3-monochloropropanediol (3-MCPD), and 2-monochloropropanediol (2-MCPD). The highest levels of these substances were discovered in palm oils and palm fats.

The EFSA cites margarine and “pastries and cakes” as the main sources of exposure for consumers aged three and above. No, they did not directly mention substances you scoop straight from the jar with a spoon, ie. Nutella.

Nonetheless, palm oil is a primary ingredient in the tasty spread, which is owned by Italian company Ferrero. Alleged cancer-causing aside, palm oil has a deeply embroiled history that has contributed to deforestation, species extinction, human rights violations, and high greenhouse gas emissions.

Ferrero wrote the Ferrero Palm Oil Charter “in order to further guarantee that palm fruit oil used in Nutella does not contribute” to any of the aforementioned abuses. The company also became a member of the Palm Oil Innovation Group, an initiative that aims to “reform the palm oil industry, building upon the RSPO standards and commitments,” according to Nutella’s website.

As a result of these efforts, Greenpeace cited Ferrero as one of the two leading companies on the 2016 Palm Oil Scorecard. Additionally,

Ingredient in Nutella may cause cancer, study finds

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
I've ate that shyt like once in my life.

I know they put it on pizza or some shyt.

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
A lot of things we use are linked to cancer.. lotion, cream, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, deodrant etc.

A lot of it contains something called paraben which is found in cancerous cells.

That's why it's best to make these things yourself, and it's also like 90% cheaper in the long run.

I make my own shampoo/conditioner, tooth paste, need to start making my own lotion and deodorant though.

collateral.

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
A lot of things we use are linked to cancer.. lotion, cream, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, deodrant etc.

A lot of it contains something called paraben which is found in cancerous cells.

That's why it's best to make these things yourself, and it's also like 90% cheaper in the long run.

I make my own shampoo/conditioner, tooth paste, need to start making my own lotion and deodorant though.
:duck: