Stupid people are stupid - 62% of Americans disagree that 'Die Hard' is a Christmas movie

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Still say its a christmas movie, based on the premise of “a man flys from NYC to LA on christmas eve to try to reunite his broken family” :manny: to me, thats a christmas movie, regardless of the blood spill in between the narrative

If they didnt tell you it was christmas eve would it still be a christmas movie?there is no emotion throughout the movie where you feel his motivation of anything he is doing,is due to christmas.He is doing it because terrorist have his wife hostage.Chrisymasnjust so happens to be the time chosen because thats when many workplaces have Christmas parties.I guess that movie with Idris and Beyonce was a christmas movie since that white woman tried to fukk him at the Christmas Party:lolbron:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
If they didnt tell you it was christmas eve would it still be a christmas movie?there is no emotion throughout the movie where you feel his motivation of anything he is doing,is due to christmas.He is doing it because terrorist have his wife hostage.Chrisymasnjust so happens to be the time chosen because thats when many workplaces have Christmas parties.I guess that movie with Idris and Beyonce was a christmas movie since that white woman tried to fukk him at the Christmas Party:lolbron:

Home Alone is the same exact premise though. How is that any more of a Christmas movie than Die Hard? Kid gets left alone and decides to defend his home against burglars. The only thing connecting them to Christmas is that it was Christmas when he was left alone and Christmas when McClain goes to see Holly. And then for Home Alone 3 & 4, they didn't even use Christmas as a backdrop, like With a Vengeance, Live Free and whatever the other one is. No one says those are Christmas movies.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Home Alone is the same exact premise though. How is that any more of a Christmas movie than Die Hard? Kid gets left alone and decides to defend his home against burglars. The only thing connecting them to Christmas is that it was Christmas when he was left alone and Christmas when McClain goes to see Holly. And then for Home Alone 3 & 4, they didn't even use Christmas as a backdrop, like With a Vengeance, Live Free and whatever the other one is. No one says those are Christmas movies.

Havent seen Home Alone in a while but I dont think thats true. Home alone for starters has the whimsical theme for a christmas movie when Kevin makes a wish for his family to dissapear,and he thinks they actually do dissapear.You could argue tjat is a Christmas wish.Secondly he goes to a church to watch a choir,something many catholics do at Christmas.And he tells that homeless man he needs to reunite with his family.Plus most importantly the family is trying to get back home to Kevin for Christmas,and on Christmas he wakes up missing his family.Why?because its Christmas and everybody can relate to missing their family and not wanting to be alone. John Mcclanes motivation may be he flew out to LA to get his family back,but other than that,his motivation is not Christmas related at all,and even thats a reach since i dont think he makes a big deal about christmas irrc. Maybe if the terrorist took a toy he bought for one of his kids and he had to get it back,that might make it a christmas movie.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
And the sequels dont matter,those arent christmas movies either.Only Home Alone 1 is out of all these movies

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
So if the events of the movie occurred during Thanksgiving instead, the movie doesn't work?:jbhmm:

I don't consider that a determining factor, personally. It would eliminate many Christmas films as Christmas films. Including It's A Wonderful Life.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Die Hard does emphasize the Christmas Holiday but feels like an action movie first. I guess I have no qualms with it being a Christmas movie but I never thought of it as one while growing up.

Family Man

Banned
Bushed
Daps
Everyone knows what constitutes a Christmas movie. Dare to be different nikkas decided their next venture would be declaring an action movie to be a Xmas movie. The mere fact you have to ask "Is this a Christmas movie?" answers the question for you. nikkas ain't out here asking if It's A Wonderful Life is a Christmas movie, brehs:beli:
What about Home Alone? Is that a Christmas movie?

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Home Alone 2 pushes christmas themes just as hard as 1 tho...

I don't remember any of the other ones,so maybe it is a christmas movie too. I was taking the word of whoever is saying they weren't about Christmas.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
A Christmas movie is primarily about Christmas. Taking place during Christmas doesn't mean the movie is about the holiday season and Christmas themes. It's A Wonderful Life is a Christmas movie. A Christmas Carol is a Christmas movie. How the Grinch Stole Christmas is one.

If you look at the "bad guys" as anti-hero protagonists, then Die Hard really IS similar to a negative version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas. They intentionally changed them from real terrorists to thieves pulling an elaborate heist in order to make them more relatable. Opening the vault is compared to a Christmas Miracle several times, and when they finally get the vault open you see Theo running through the vault opening crates like Christmas presents as they play Christmas music in the background.

You could say that the only thing that stops it from being a 100% Christmas movie is that Hans and his crew never learn the "true meaning of Christmas".