Subliminal Disses You Missed

Jimmy the gent

I'm still eatin off Lufthansa
Daps
Reppin
North Side Perth
And I can't forget perhaps the strangest subliminal diss of all time. Screwball dedicating the title track of their second album, Loyalty, as a fukking diss track to Hostyle. Why is that strange you might ask?

Hostyle is a member of Screwball. These nikkas recorded a diss track to a member of their own group and named their album after it :dead:

I swear, QB nikkas are an especially special kind of special.
I heard something recently bout this, I think the rest of the crew were pissed he got his own song "H.O.S.T.Y.L.E." off their first album "Y2K". Mike Heron confirmed it on a podcast the other crew members felt a way bout it

REdefinition

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Styles P was dissing Ja Rule on DMX 2nd album on the song "We Don't Give a Fukk." Whole verse is Styles telling X Ja been jacking his style and he can't believe he was cool with them.

"ayo X fukk them nikkas, them nikkas aint your dogs
Better treat 'em like some cats and shake they ass to the floor
Been seen the foul shyt, put the guns in 'em
Little "wanna be yous" I don't see why you run with 'em"

"using your style? That make him your child"

"If they wasn't your nikkas I woulda BEEN hit 'em hard"

etc

Daps
I heard something recently bout this, I think the rest of the crew were pissed he got his own song "H.O.S.T.Y.L.E." off their first album "Y2K". Mike Heron confirmed it on a podcast the other crew members felt a way bout it

Yep, pretty much. I'm a pretty big Screwball fan so I read all about what went down.

Hostyle basically negotiated a solo deal behind everybody's back after he got some buzz from the "H.O.S.T.Y.L.E." single off the first Screwball album. The group as a whole and their management were trying to get solo deals for everybody and a bigger budget from Tommy Boy, and Hostyle ended up signing a deal for himself while the group was in turmoil due to Kyron getting locked up and the negative press from them going at Rudy Guiliani on "Who Shot Rudy".

Poet sent a few shots at him here and there on the second album and the compilation double album that Hydra put out after that.

Which again is crazy, cuz it's not like Hostyle had officially left the group. He was getting dissed on an album that he had a part in recording while he was still a part of the crew, lol.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
I was listening to the roots the other day (dat scat) and heard Malik b go

If you bugs, if you act like plugs, you gettin pulled outta sockets

Digable planets bugs, de la plugs

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
Apologies if already posted but, the entire 3rd verse of kick in the door :wow:

This goes out for those that choose to use
Disrespectful views on the King of N-Y
fukk that, why try, throw bleach in your eye
Now ya brailling it, snatch that light shyt, I'm scaling it
Conscious of ya nonsense, in '88
Sold more powder than Johnson and Johnson
Tote steel like Bronson, Vigilante
You wanna get on son, you need to ask me
Ain't no other kings in this rap thing, they siblings
Nothing but my children, one shot they disappearing
It's ill when MCs used to be on cruddy shyt
Took home Ready to Die, listened, studied shyt
Now they on some money shyt, successful out the blue
They light weight, fragili, my nine milli
Make the whites shake, that's why my money never funny
And you still recouping, stupid stupid stupid stupid...

I thought the whole song was Nas subs and didn't make the Rae connection until I was re-listening to OB4CL years later. :ohhh:

Shots at Rae with the bleach mention and then any NY detractors in the second half of the verse :whew:

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps

Which might i add, was the best song off the LP.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Apologies if already posted but, the entire 3rd verse of kick in the door :wow:

This goes out for those that choose to use
Disrespectful views on the King of N-Y
fukk that, why try, throw bleach in your eye
Now ya brailling it, snatch that light shyt, I'm scaling it
Conscious of ya nonsense, in '88
Sold more powder than Johnson and Johnson
Tote steel like Bronson, Vigilante
You wanna get on son, you need to ask me
Ain't no other kings in this rap thing, they siblings
Nothing but my children, one shot they disappearing
It's ill when MCs used to be on cruddy shyt
Took home Ready to Die, listened, studied shyt
Now they on some money shyt, successful out the blue
They light weight, fragili, my nine milli
Make the whites shake, that's why my money never funny
And you still recouping, stupid stupid stupid stupid...

I thought the whole song was Nas subs and didn't make the Rae connection until I was re-listening to OB4CL years later. :ohhh:

Shots at Rae with the bleach mention and then any NY detractors in the second half of the verse :whew:

he was also low key going at Premo while he was getting at Jeru

Waterproof

Warrior Lifestyle
Daps
I always thought that Jay’s verse on Dynasty Intro was a sub at Nas

“Never read the Koran or Islamic scriptures/only psalms that I read was on the arms of my nikkas/tattooed so I carry on like I’m non religious/clap whoever stand between Sean and figures”

Nas name of course is Nasir. Which means “Helper and Protector”. He speaks about his name’s origins on the IWW intro. I took Jay’s like as an early “fukk you tryin to kick Knowledge?” Jab.

And the nikka had the nerve to Rock 5% medallion and drop some NOI inspired verses with Jay Electronica

Jimmy the gent

I'm still eatin off Lufthansa
Daps
Reppin
North Side Perth
Yep, pretty much. I'm a pretty big Screwball fan so I read all about what went down.

Hostyle basically negotiated a solo deal behind everybody's back after he got some buzz from the "H.O.S.T.Y.L.E." single off the first Screwball album. The group as a whole and their management were trying to get solo deals for everybody and a bigger budget from Tommy Boy, and Hostyle ended up signing a deal for himself while the group was in turmoil due to Kyron getting locked up and the negative press from them going at Rudy Guiliani on "Who Shot Rudy".

Poet sent a few shots at him here and there on the second album and the compilation double album that Hydra put out after that.

Which again is crazy, cuz it's not like Hostyle had officially left the group. He was getting dissed on an album that he had a part in recording while he was still a part of the crew, lol.
That's weird,
Considering "F. A.Y.B.A.N."
(if I remember correctly) was pretty much a Poet solo too wasn't it:dahell:

chunky_mcdaniels

All Star
Daps
shyt .. pretty much 75% of Ps rhymes on Infamy was going at Jay

That Sean P verse was to somebody in their camp who ran when bad boy ran up on strang and them in ATL when he got pistol whipped..

but they where hurt when Rock left..

Not only Infamy, but every freestyle and feature for the 2 years before Infamy.

Daps
That's weird,
Considering "F. A.Y.B.A.N."
(if I remember correctly) was pretty much a Poet solo too wasn't it:dahell:

They all had solo records on the first album if I recall correctly. I think the problem was the crew felt some type of way about a solo record being the first official single release and video, plus Hostyle trying to broker a solo album deal behind their backs.