Sugar Ray Robinson in his prime or Floyd Mayweather Jr

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Robinson while great has double digit losses...and had trouble with Jake Lamotta. From the little footage I've seen of SRR I don't think he could outbox Floyd in his prime.

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Robinson while great has double digit losses...and had trouble with Jake Lamotta. From the little footage I've seen of SRR I don't think he could outbox Floyd in his prime.

He fought everybody and had 200 fights. You really think if Mayweather had fought 200 times and fought anyone indiscriminately he wouldn't have double digit losses? Not even to mention Robinson wasn't taking a year off or only fighting twice a year; more like fight, then fight three or four weeks later and shyt.

Plus he more than avenged that Jake LaMotta loss.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
No way to say. At All. Not a single person on the forum watched a Sugar Ray Robinson fight in it's time frame. It's all speculation and shytty B&W video. If you said Sugar Ray Leonard, then maybe we can make some comparisons, but it's still a bad thing to do. Different level of training, different meds and supplements available, different level of competition. It's just too tough to say what's what.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Robinson while great has double digit losses..
:thefucc:

He was fighting like 10 times a year and fought till he was in his late 40s.

Also this thread said in their primes. At one point in SRR's career he was 128-1-2

and had trouble with Jake Lamotta.

he lost to Lamotta once. Beat Lamotta the 5 other times they fought including the Valentine's Day massacre.

7oclock

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He was fighting like 10 times a year and fought till he was in his late 40s.

Also this thread said in their primes. At one point in SRR's career he was 128-1-2

he lost to Lamotta once. Beat Lamotta the 5 other times they fought including the Valentine's Day massacre.

this is to both of you.

I don't hold Jake Lamotta in high regard, again this is just from what I read and seen of him which isn't much. SRR had tough 2 or 3 fights, where Lamotta even knocked him down a few times. Mayweather has never been down and would probably treat Lamotta like Robert Guerrero.

The double digit losses is understandable I guess, because they were on some other shyt back in the day (fight twice in a month) but the people who he loss to were a lot of garbage fighters and some of them may be in the HOF but they are by deafualt because there was no real gauge of good fighters back in the day. Seems like they let every old -time champion in the HOF.

Anyway, I'm going by the Lamotta fights and the other grainy footage fights (where you could barely seen the knock outs cleanly because of the footage) and I say Floyd would outbox SRR.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
this is to both of you.

I don't hold Jake Lamotta in high regard, again this is just from what I read and seen of him which isn't much. SRR had tough 2 or 3 fights, where Lamotta even knocked him down a few times. Mayweather has never been down and would probably treat Lamotta like Robert Guerrero.

The double digit losses is understandable I guess, because they were on some other shyt back in the day (fight twice in a month) but the people who he loss to were a lot of garbage fighters and some of them may be in the HOF but they are by deafualt because there was no real gauge of good fighters back in the day. Seems like they let every old -time champion in the HOF.

Anyway, I'm going by the Lamotta fights and the other grainy footage fights (where you could barely seen the knock outs cleanly because of the footage) and I say Floyd would outbox SRR.

breh, I havent made a statement on who would win because I dont fukking know.

But I am not going to use SRR fighting at like 44 years old because he broke as a marker against him. Or use grainy footage of 2 or 3 rounds to against one fighter to say who beats who. Its stupid.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps

He hit like a fukking mule kick though, Jake was just tough as nails. Double digit losses when you fight as much as he did doesnt mean much. He fought 3times in less than a month, 2 of them for titles. Would Floyd do that ? Of course not, it was a different time.

Dr Dre's ProductionSkills

Hutch, yella, Mel-man, Daz, Mike Elizondo
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jesus christ

Better question would be v hearns vs leonard o vs duran I dont think none of those guys could deal with srr and they offense

Didnt srr kill somebody lol

But more accurately at 147 srr would be too big for floyd floyd is gonna finish his career at 147 srr starts at 147 ends at middle

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.
Jesus christ

Better question would be v hearns vs leonardo vs duran I dont think none of those guys could deal with srr and they offense

Didnt srr kill somebody lol

But more accurately at 147 srr would be too big for floyd floyd is gonna finish his career at 147 srr starts at 147 ends at middle

For arguements sake only.....

Why wouldn't any of those boxers be able to deal with SRR? He wasn't super nikka. I'd put any of those boxers against SRR with expectations of a win except Duran because he was frustrated by Ray Leonard so I'm just going to imagine what SRR would PROBABLY do (not sure though).

Also this thread is only on speculation and no one could make a clear arguement for either fighter. I haven seen enough of SRR to make a fair ssessment, I can't go by his record and urban legends because STYLES MAKES FIGHTS.

Keengcong

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Floyd too quick... would make it a boring fight without any big punches landed. His conditioning and defense is incredible.

SRR would maybe get 3 or 4 rounds out of 12.