Sunday is the Lord's Day so we Pray to the Shield: 2022-2023 Official NFL Season Thread

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bengals be runnin 1000 variations of go routes for Chase lmao
Bruh they were fishing for that shyt all game and the Phins basically locked it the fukk up. It wasn’t until the end of the 4th when the safety dropped down for run support that it finally opened up. As soon as that safety came down Burrow launched that bytch up instantly….

It’s like they don’t have anything else in the playbook for him besides go routes

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
Bucs have scored 3 TDs through 3 weeks. Leftwich needs to change it up. Bucs defense is best in the league imo.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
there is a gap between Kupp and the rest of the rest of the WRs in the NFL and it’s sizable

You can take JJ, Chase, and even Davante (to a certain extent) out of the game or severely limit them if you commit to stopping them and sacrifice other parts of the field.

But that’s not possible against Kupp. You can double him, triple him, bracket him, shade him….doesn’t matter. He still beats it.

In the case of Chase, as we saw last night, if you take away his go route he doesn’t have the route tree to punish you in other ways.

:mjlol:
Aint no huge gap. Devante better than him.
Kupp nasty but you aint gotta wipe his offspring off your mouth to give him his props :heh:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:
Aint no huge gap. Devante better than him.
Kupp nasty but you aint gotta wipe his offspring off your mouth to give him his props :heh:
Stop living in the past. We’ve seen two weeks in a row now where teams have been able to take Davante out of the game. No way in hell Kupp goes quiet for 2 weeks straight because he’s getting bracketed. And don’t say oh it’s because he has a new QB and scheme to adjust to….

Kupp got a new QB and new scheme and triple crowned. :mjlol:

Kupp would kill to have Waller drawing safety attention away from him right now. He got lazy ass Allen Robinson who poses no threat to the defense and he’s still dominating.

If Mike Thomas wasn’t washed and still producing, you would have slant boy tatted across your chest right now. Don’t try to rain on my parade because we got the top WR now. Let me live :damn:

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
came across this tweet on twitter being RT'ed. like damn Deshaun catching a stray in this

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
there is a gap between Kupp and the rest of the rest of the WRs in the NFL and it’s sizable

You can take JJ, Chase, and even Davante (to a certain extent) out of the game or severely limit them if you commit to stopping them and sacrifice other parts of the field.

But that’s not possible against Kupp. You can double him, triple him, bracket him, shade him….doesn’t matter. He still beats it.

In the case of Chase, as we saw last night, if you take away his go route he doesn’t have the route tree to punish you in other ways.

No there isn’t huge gape.

He plays more than 80% of snaps in the slot and is strategized to be lined up against LBs and Safety’s more than 50% of the time.

He’s the most “schemed” by far though. I’ll take Devante, Jefferson, and Tyreek over him for sure.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No there isn’t huge gape.

He plays more than 80% of snaps in the slot and is strategized to be lined up against LBs and Safety’s more than 50% of the time.

He’s the most “schemed” by far though. I’ll take Devante, Jefferson, and Tyreek over him for sure.

You say that and then mention Reek like he doesn't play in the slot primarily. Hes rarely lined up outside.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Tae played mostly in the slot as well. He's lined up there quite a bit.

Thats just how most modern NFL offenses work.

ANYWAY....

Kupp lines up mostly in the slot because with the Rams 11 personnel Kupp is the primary run blocker on the edge. Hes the best blocking WR on the team....maybe in the league. Taking him out of the slot hurts the run game with no benefit to the passing game, because you cant stop no matter where he lines up.

This is why Kupp is always in the slot....

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You say that and then mention Reek like he doesn't play in the slot primarily. Hes rarely lined up outside.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Tae played mostly in the slot as well. He's lined up there quite a bit.

Thats just how most modern NFL offenses work.

ANYWAY....

Kupp lines up mostly in the slot because with the Rams 11 personnel Kupp is the primary run blocker on the edge. Hes the best blocking WR on the team....maybe in the league. Taking him out of the slot hurts the run game with no benefit to the passing game, because you cant stop no matter where he lines up.

This is why Kupp is always in the slot....

I posted Kupps percentages and they’re 20% higher than Devantes 40% higher than Jefferson’s in the slot. I forgot Tyreeks. But I’ll find it. And post it

But you’re literally saying the same thing I said. It’s the scheme he plays in.