'Super Bacteria' Found in Rio, Brazil (LOL News Ain't Shyt) :Mjlol:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
This is exactly why I don't watch nor read the news, because they constantly churn out bullshyt fear propaganda like this!

A new 'super' bacteria, what it got super powers? Is it gonna give me super powers if I get infected by it? :comeon: Like seriously, why are they hiring these morons to write these horrible unbelievable tales? I can write more realistic seeming bullshyt that would fool the masses.

Anyway, here's the article: Rio Olympic Games: 'Super bacteria' discovered in Rio's waters as Olympics near - CNN.com

Rio de Janeiro (CNN)A group of Brazilian scientists have detected a drug-resistant bacteria growing off of some of Rio de Janeiro's most stunning beaches, one month before the city is due to host the 2016 Olympic Games.
According to lead researcher Renata Picao, the "super bacteria" entered the city's waterways when sewage coming from local hospitals got channeled into the bay.
"We have been looking for 'super bacteria' in coastal waters during a one-year period in five beaches," Picao told CNN during a visit to her lab. "We found that the threats occur in coastal waters in a variety of concentrations and that they are strongly associated with pollution."
160705050438-brazil-rio-olympic-pollution-2-exlarge-169.jpg

Sailboats sail in the polluted Guanabara Bay, venue site of the Olympic sailing events.
160611213853-brazil-rio-olympic-games-german-sailing-team-backstory-orig-00000913-medium-plus-169.jpg

Sailing into the Olympic Games in Rio 01:56
The news comes as Rio prepares to host hundreds of thousands of athletes and tourists during next month's Summer Olympics.
Among the beaches flagged were Flamengo and Botafogo, which border the bay where Olympic sailors are scheduled to compete.
"It's a nice sailing area but every time you get some water in your face, it feels like there's some alien enemy entering your face," German Paralympic sailor Heiko Kroger said during a recent visit to Rio. "I keep my nose and my lips closed."
Kroger believes the super bacteria may have caused a severe skin infection in one of his teammates during recent training.

Is this dude serious, an alien enemy entering your face?! KILL YO SELF :camby:

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
I've seen a lot of negative press on the situation in Rio. I had been planning to go back in 2013 but plans didn't work out (i.e could not save 5-8k disposable). But now, i'm not sure. When the police there are holding up signs saying "we are not being paid, we will not protect you". :usure:Propaganda or not, i can definitely wait until the next 4 years to plan accordingly. Where there is smoke, there is fire

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Glad my procrastination worked in my favor this time and I didn't plan for that trip to Brazil for olympics :obama:.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
Maybe becuase they are foreign they can't handle the stuff in the water. :yeshrug:

Cheercomp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't let this stop you from going. I just came back from Rio last month and it was an amazing trip. No zika, no mosquitoes, no strange bacteria, no armed assailants. It helps to be 6ft tall and Black, sure :laugh: but if you stay out of dark alleys and bad neighborhoods all by your lonesome, you'll be gucci. Basically, follow the codes that you'd apply in the US for not getting "got" and you'll be fine.