Super UNPOPULAR OPINION: Carter II is not a classic

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He said name a song that would be in the top 20 of of all Wayne songs. Look at you not even reading or comprehending, dumbass.

Most people call it a classic hence why the thread title says unpopular opinion.
Most people don't even think about the Carter 2 let alone discuss it. Who the fukk is most people anyway?:mjlol:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Carter 1 and 2 are classics. Not flawless albums, but classic ones. I think the idea that classic has to mean flawless is misguided, or even the idea that there is no real definition to classic, but similar to how classic movie is used.

Carter 2 defined an era, it set trends, it had great lyrics and production, a central theme, Wayne was never more focused. It was creative, innovative, expanded on the theme and execution of the first one. Wasn't stagnant, or a sequel in name only. I don't even listen to this shyt that much, but the memories are timeless and it's an actual quality album. Get Rich or Die Trying is a classic too, but it's a few steps down from something like Carter 1 or 2, when you talk about artistic expression, skill and creativity. 50's debut is a total formulaic major label album.

He fell off right after this to me, solo album wise. Unless you count The Los Sessions. C3 was iconic in it's time, but there's hardly even 5 tracks I like.

UpNext

All Star
Daps
Does Carter 2 appeal to anyone who wasn't in their teens or 20's when it dropped? :jbhmm:

Iverson_64

Superstar
Daps
Does Carter 2 appeal to anyone who wasn't in their teens or 20's when it dropped? :jbhmm:
It's Wayne's most cohesive sounding album and it's a NY/Dipset influenced album so, for many, it was Wayne's 1st time getting recognized as a lyrical emcee outside the South.

RippTheRuler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
I personally don't like the Carter 2. The first one is a personal classic for me and that's it. I don't remember ahit about the Carter 2. All I know is the only song from that album that made my playists is best rapper alive