SUPERMAN by James Gunn (Coming 2025)

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
This is funny. For years there were people who were detractors of Man of Steel as in "that's not MY Superman" and now people are saying Cavill is their Superman..

That's why fans are idiots and don't need to be anywhere near the production process of a film. Personally, I thought Cavill was great and the movie was great and the action sequences were top tier but I'm giving Gunn a chance because he hasn't missed yet.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
ah, yes, the Donner cut

We had the Donner cut, nearly 50 years ago...

No need to recreate it again...But since 80s retro is in, that is the direction it will take and be hot garbage.

We expect this young boy Supes to take on Darkseid or we gonna have him get chased by Lex Luthor for two hours again like in Returns???

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area

No need to recreate it again...But since 80s retro is in, that is the direction it will take and be hot garbage.

We expect this young boy Supes to take on Darkseid or we gonna have him get chased by Lex Luthor for two hours again like in Returns???
Why can’t he be inspired by one of the best superhero movies ever and not make it a 80s movie? Nolan was inspired by the Donner films when he made his Batman trilogy. Superman definitley needs a hopeful tone if you want to adapt his character.

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks

Confused

Help a slow dun out

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Confused

Help a slow dun out
Richard Donner and the producers hated each other while working on the first two Superman movies. With 75% of Superman 2 in the can, the producers fired the sheit out of Donner and hired another director to finish the movie. The new director also did Superman 3.

James Gunn is watching Superman 2: Donner Cut. The way the original director intended.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Why can’t he be inspired by one of the best superhero movies ever and not make it a 80s movie? Nolan was inspired by the Donner films when he made his Batman trilogy. Superman definitley needs a hopeful tone if you want to adapt his character.

The camp and silly puns need to be in the MCU where they belong. The last camp versions of DC properties we got were Superman Returns and Batman & Robin..both caused a major reboot to occur shortly thereafter...

Nolan took a grounded approach with Bats which is why it worked so well, along with MoS...

His name is Superman, not Simperman....

Gunn's style just isn't a good fit and will be proven in 2025 when this tanks...but hey...who wouldn't like slapstick Superman with Rolling Stones in the background playing???

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
The camp and silly puns need to be in the MCU where they belong. The last camp versions of DC properties we got were Superman Returns and Batman & Robin..both caused a major reboot to occur shortly thereafter...

Nolan took a grounded approach with Bats which is why it worked so well, along with MoS...

His name is Superman, not Simperman....

Gunn's style just isn't a good fit and will be proven in 2025 when this tanks...but hey...who wouldn't like slapstick Superman with Rolling Stones in the background playing???
Just because he made Guardians doesnt mean he'll make Superman a slapstick character or the tone of the movie will be a slackstick comedy. I liked Synder's take but it didnt catch on with the people. I'll let Gunn cook especially since he mentioned All Star Superman as the type of tone the film should take.

:snoop:

Last edited:

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Richard Donner and the producers hated each other while working on the first two Superman movies. With 75% of Superman 2 in the can, the producers fired the sheit out of Donner and hired another director to finish the movie. The new director also did Superman 3.

James Gunn is watching Superman 2: Donner Cut. The way the original director intended.
Is the cut available to watch ?

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Hbo max

As a fan of gunn i am concerned but slightly excited to see what he does with the character. Gunn has made good comic book movies, but has yet to do a faithful adaptation of a comic book character. (He was able to get away with it because the guardians and TSS were d tier) I liked the chances Snyder took (and casting someone born to play the role didnt hurt)

I hope Gunn knocks it out of the park and makes the ultimate superman flick.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Richard Donner Cut - Google Search Amazon Prime for 5.69
Supermaniiricharddonnercut.jpg

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
:umad:The MCU’s take on Captain America. Proves that a modern day Super Man can work. Super Man was not meant to be dark and gritty. Bruh is literally a goody to shoe/Boy Scout. Just likes the MCU’s Cap. Leave that dark and gritty shyt to Batman.

They had Captain America breaking laws and Moral rules in Captain America 2 and 3 :mjtf: