Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg passes away at 87

A.R.$

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is a fukking disaster:snoop:
Dems don’t have the numbers to block this appointment, plus this will energize the republican base. Unlike dem voters they actually care about the courts. This will have generational implications. Any progressive policy that had a chance to pass will get challenged and most likely get stuck down. Got damn it

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
im actually not sure he does it before the election. the perception of him shoving a judge through before her body is even cold is gonna be seen in extremely bad taste by america. i think theres still some sense of decorum in washington, at least on the surface

grassley and a couple others were on record saying they wouldnt do it either
You’re in here talking about bad taste and decorum like our president isn’t Donald Trump.

:bryan:

If the last few years has taught us anything it’s that you NEVER take Republicans at their word on stuff like this. Ever.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tenor.gif
You’re in here talking about bad taste and decorum like our president isn’t Donald Trump.

:bryan:

If the last few years has taught us anything it’s that you NEVER take Republicans at their word on stuff like this. Ever.
i could 100 percent be wrong, but for mcconnell to go out there with blood on his mouth to replace this frail old woman before the election will be seen as disgusting

i mean theyre literally gonna be holding her memorials til october 1st. a couple weeks worth of remembering her, what she meant to women in law, etc. to follow that up the next day with hearings would be :hhh:

but who am i kidding, theyll probably do it :dead:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
She didn't want to step down when Obama was in charge ... hope that documentary was worth it :upsetfavre:
She was selfish and didn’t think long term at all..

Look at Anthony Kennedy. He stepped aside for a younger justice so these right wing a$$holes can help shape the course of America for years. He thought LONG TERM.

Unlike this selfish ass woman who just thought about herself

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
you know what the dems need to do? openly make the threat to pack the court if mitch goes back on his own words from 2016. say that if mcconnell doesnt follow his own rules, then they dont care about them either

its the only play i see. let mitch put a judge on, knowing he'll be signing onto packing the court
Dems dont have backbones, they wont

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
i could 100 percent be wrong, but for mcconnell to go out there with blood on his mouth to replace this frail old woman before the election will be seen as disgusting

i mean theyre literally gonna be holding her memorials til october 1st. a couple weeks worth of remembering her, what she meant to women in law, etc. to follow that up the next day with hearings would be :hhh:

They have defended the most disgusting human being on planet earth for 4 years. They will fill her position quicker than Trump can tell a lie.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
This is a fukking disaster:snoop:
Dems don’t have the numbers to block this appointment, plus this will energize the republican base. Unlike dem voters they actually care about the courts. This will have generational implications. Any progressive policy that had a chance to pass will get challenged and most likely get stuck down. Got damn it
You think this will bring the evangelical vote to support trump, if they can get another judge :patrice:

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im actually not sure he does it before the election. the perception of him shoving a judge through before her body is even cold is gonna be seen in extremely bad taste by america. i think theres still some sense of decorum in washington, at least on the surface

grassley and a couple others were on record saying they wouldnt do it either

Bad taste?

You really think that matters?

The country has seen four years of Trump continuously doing things in extremely bad taste, and they have shown very clearly that they give zero fukks. Why will this be any different?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

He can wait until after the election and will still have the votes. It’s inevitable.