T-Pain goes Stone Cold 96 on rising artists in his DMs

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I will never get used to a mainstream artist speaking about artistic integrity and originality.

When they themselves copy, reused, and repackaged a formula produced by a conglomerate.

I love Tpain music. But my guy, c’mon.

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
I will never get used to a mainstream artist speaking about artistic integrity and originality.

When they themselves copy, reused, and repackaged a formula produced by a conglomerate.

t pain was original. it was similar to the talk box from back in the day but it wasnt the same thing. he had an era. i 100% feel him cus you cant bring some copy and paste bullshyt to someone who bought a new dynamic to the game.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Be mad at the record labels that sign an artist because he sound like an existing popular artist.

If there's lil baby, someone gon ask for their own baby

If there's future hendrix someone gon ask for present Jackson

If someone got Billie eilish someone gon ask for Willie eye lash.

The suits want a sound they can sell for less. The hope is that the knock off makes more money than the original.

I'm still listening to his rant but he better have smoke for Kanye for 808s and heartbreak :mjpls:

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

exactly. They all chase whatever industry sound/ artist/ producer is hot at the moment. For example everybody including singers jacked the migos flow and ran it into the ground.

the problem with Tpain is he is speaking from the standpoint of an established artist that has made millions of dollars and set for life. He can make whatever music he wants cause he doesn't care if it sells or gets promoted. But if you want radio play and record labels to work with you then better sound like whatever is current and hot otherwise they wont even pick up the phone.

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
exactly. They all chase whatever industry sound/ artist/ producer is hot at the moment. For example everybody including singers jacked the migos flow and ran it into the ground.

the problem with Tpain is he is speaking from the standpoint of an established artist that has made millions of dollars and set for life. He can make whatever music he wants cause he doesn't care if it sells or gets promoted. But if you want radio play and record labels to work with you then better sound like whatever is current and hot otherwise they wont even pick up the phone.

Its just funny. He got in the game following a formula/sound. Even the auto tune wasnt original. And then he maybe went a more liberating route. Dont know. So he was able to do what he wants.

But most artist who want to pop have to follow the current wave and once they are solidified they can try their way.

@ acting like this game accepts originality.