Taking a knee, lifting fist to be punished at Tokyo 2020 Olympics

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
full

Against the backdrop of the BLM movement protesting racial injustice, calls increased for change to IOC rule.

Taking a knee during the Tokyo Olympics or lifting a fist in support of racial equality will be punished as the International Olympic Committee (IOC) maintained its ban on athletes’ protests inside stadiums, at ceremonies and on podiums.

The IOC’s Rule 50 forbids any kind of “demonstration or political, religious or racial propaganda” in venues and any other Olympic area and the Games body concluded the rule should be maintained following an athlete consultation.

Against the backdrop of the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement against racial injustice, calls have increased in recent months for a change to that rule that would allow athletes to protest.

Some international federation chiefs, including World Athletics’ President Sebastian Coe, have said athletes should have the right to make gestures of political protest during the Games.

The IOC’s Athletes’ Commission chief Kirsty Coventry, who led a review of the rule, said 70 percent of the athletes consulted were against any protests within the fields of play or the podiums.

“I would not want something to distract from my competition and take away from that. That is how I still feel today,” Coventry, a former Olympic swimming champion for Zimbabwe, said in an online presentation of the Rule 50 consultation results.

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
But y’all let fat white cops flash the proud boys OK hand sign in pictures with politicians then play dumb about it.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I promise this will have the opposite effect.

Once they take a knee and get punished hopefully it discourages all black Americans from participating from here on forth
Exactly what I want to happen.

Matter of fact, no black american athletes should even go but that's not realistic. I'd call their bluff tho

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I wouldn't be mad if black americans decided not to represent amerikkka, and BLM should be more than willing to pick up the fines for those that do protest.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The fukk are they gonna do when someone does it? :comeon:That 70% is definitely cacs and their sycophants :pacspit:

Nah, there's a lot of people who just don't want to see all the beefs entered into the Games. Remember, BLM is not the driving narrative for a lot of these nations. If there was free reign to protest then you'd get Armenians vs. Turks, Israelis vs. Muslims, Rwandans vs. Burundis, Indians vs. Pakistanis, Burmese vs. Bangladeshis. They don't wanna see some Thai ping pong player flash a sign and then have the Cambodian chuck his racket at him.

Not saying that I agree, just that the rule is there for a lot of reasons other than our shyt.